The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supportingnationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector.The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. https://www.rescue.org/country/uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum (and Lamwo) Moroto and West Nile (Yumbe & Terego). Given the conflict outbreak in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, IRC opened the Zombo Field site office to support refugees being settled in Zombo refugee settlement in Zombo Districts.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
The Finance Assistant / Cashier will be a key member of the Imvepi/Rhino team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Finance Manager and Field Coordinator, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Operations Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers.
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received.
- Pay cash to the payee in Imvepi Office.
- Prepare cheque for approval and payment to the payee.
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers.
- Act as a cashier.
- Make field payments.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in Kampala on cash transfers and obtain monthly cash projections
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is Thursday 23rd,2020.