The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Buyer to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in Global Logistics Team/Supply Chain.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure execution within the Supply Chain Transactions, advisory and compliance on Procurement Policies.
- PO’s submissions and confirmations.
- Get quotations based on Institutional requirements.
- Negotiate and establish delivery dates according requirements.
- Ensure a service oriented mindset with efficacy and efficiency in the procurement operations.
- Identify, propose and develop relations with new suppliers according with Institutional needs.
- Execute bidding processes to be perform for institutional projects.
- Execute any other activities assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, International Commerce/Trade or related commercial field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in performing similar roles.
- Experience in Procurement to Pay process (P2P)
- Experience on sourcing about Indirect Purchases: MROs, Lab reagents, Facilities maintenance, Office supplies, Fleet, IT, field equipment and others.
- Intermediate level in English language is required (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- ERP awareness, preferably AX – Microsoft Dynamics.
- Resilient work under different level of pressure.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20149 Buyer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, July 24, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.