HealthPro Project Coordinator
HealthPro Project Coordinator (Health Systems Strengthening)
Location: El Fashir, North Darfur, Sudan
Duration: 36 months
General Description of the Role
The HealthPro Project Coordinator will have the overall leadership and responsibility for implementing the project, leading the project team, coordinating closely with key stakeholders, and ensuring all EU and GOAL compliance and policies are upheld.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the EU-funded HealthPro Project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards
- Oversee the implementation of the project strategy, interventions, and operations ensuring the achievement of project deliverables and targets in a timely manner
- Lead all discussions regarding the program and operational roles and responsibilities in HealthPro Project with the State Ministry of Health, the National Health Insurance Fund, the National Medical Supply Fund, and other key project counterparts
- Build and maintain effective, productive relationships with critical project counterparts, including the Federal and State Ministry of Health, National Health Insurance Fund, Medical Supply Fund, and locality authorities, as well as the EU mission in Sudan, other UN and international health actors in country, in order to represent GOAL and HealthPro in an effective and positive manner
- Guide the learning agenda for the project
- Represent GOAL and the HealthPro Project in various meetings and forums, including coordination, strategic planning, learning and review meetings
- Keep the ACDP and Country Director appraised of any issues or difficulties that may arise that could affect successful implementation, and work constructively to find solutions
- Uphold the standards of GOAL to lead a high performing and motivated team; ensure strict compliance to EU and GOAL’s policies, regulations and internal controls
- Recruitment of staff as needed to ensure team
- Manage employee relations in line with GOAL policies and Sudanese labor law, with support of HR and GOAL Senior Management
- Supervise and oversee the work of project staff and subcontractors
- Ensure that all reporting requirements as part of the EU funding are met in a complete and timely manner, with high quality of reporting
- Monitor project spending and budget use to ensure efficient and timely use of resources, and compliance with EU spending rules and policies
- Working with project staff and GOAL partnership team, identify and select national partners capable of implementing community-based approaches in the relevant localities
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Health Economics, Health Policy and Governance or related field).
- At least 4 years of senior-level experience implementing and managing complex health programs with an emphasis on health systems strengthening, health financing, and health sector policies and strategies
- Experience in conflict or post-conflict setting strongly preferred, and willingness to live and travel within North Darfur State of Sudan
- Demonstrated success managing complex international donor programs including strong cost containment and client satisfaction; previous EU project management experience strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with host governments and ministries, relevant agencies, other projects, local organizations, and international / UN agencies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required; Arabic added advantage;
- Enthusiastic with long-term commitment to the role and ability to work long hours when required
- Excellent leadership and adaptive management skills
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in a country similar development context like Sudan; experience in Sudan preferred
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985. GOAL is currently working directly in North Darfur and North Darfur States, managed by GOAL offices in these states and in Khartoum. The current GOAL program focuses on following sectors: Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL). GOAL is now starting to implement a European-Union / DEVCO-funded HealthPro Project, to implement a Health Systems Strengthening approach to hand over health facilities to sustainable management by the Sudanese health system.
General terms and conditions
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.