National Professional Officer
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
PN 419114- Hargeisa
PN 419119- Mogadishu
PN 419120 - Dusmareb
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To reduce childhood morbidity and mortality attributable to vaccine preventable diseases by implementing routine and supplemental immunization activities for children and women of childbearing age in accordance with established technical guidelines. To support introduction of new and underutilized vaccines in Somalia with demonstrated burden of diseases and as needed
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will undertake the following duties\:
1. Work with the technical staff, review and update zonal micro plans and other documents to ensure appropriate and fair distributions of resources.
2.Collect, collate and use Immunization Activities reporting and monitoring data for identifying low coverage areas, reasons for poor coverage and suggest possible reasons for low coverage different population groups.
3. Participate in the recruitment of auxiliary workers that support immunization activities at district levels.
4. Prepare draft monthly report to reflect activities conducted, progress made and constraints faced.
5. Be responsible for data entry, editing, analysis and cleaning up of data and information related to vaccines/immunization activities.
6. Participate in conducting EPI review, data quality assessment and effective vaccine management assessment.
7. Participate in the preparation of the introduction of new vaccines including surveillance activities and preparation of training materials.
8. Collaborate with the MOH to build the national capacity for surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases.
Essential\: University degree in Medicine or public health or nursing
Desirable\: Master's degree in public health.
Essential\: At least one year experience in EPI programs.
Desirable\: Working experience with WHO or UN.
1.Broad knowledge of EPI strategies and policies and interventions.
2.Ability to work well under pressure.
3.Proven ability to take initiatives and make recommendations.
4.Demonstrated ability to assess and analyse data.
WHO global Competencies model at http\://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 29,564 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- nterested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.