Supply Chain Officer (Procurement)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
The Danish Refugee Council initiated its activities in the island of Lesvos in November 2015 due to the unprecedented influx of asylum seekers. Following new political developments and displacement dynamics in early 2016, DRC expanded its activities to the mainland to support the people living in several sites across the country. With offices in Athens, Larissa and Thessaloniki, it currently implements a wide range of activities, including Site Management Support, legal assistance, identification of individual needs and protection of highly vulnerable persons, access to services within and outside the hosting sites through cultural mediation, and non-formal education. DRC works closely with the refugee communities, the Greek authorities and other humanitarian actors to ensure a protective environment for refugees and asylum seekers in Greece.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, and in support of DRC CO & Programmes, the Supply Chain Officer will assume responsibilities as described here below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited, to the following:
- Become the expert of DRC Procurement Operational Handbook, Policies & DRC Dynamics (erp) manual for Procurement
- Handle the procurement of goods, services & works ordered by the Country Office and/or Programme department, in a cost-effective and transparent manner, ensuring best value for money
- Ensure that all procurement is done according to DRC policies/guidelines, and Donors’ relevant requirements
- Undertake procurement activities covering the pre-award, award (evaluation of bids), and the post award phases, such as:
- prepare tender dossier,
- review and verify technical specifications,
- launch tender procedure preparing all relevant tender document,
- conduct relevant market researches for procurement bid lists,
- coordinate the Tender Opening Committee,
- manage the award,
- handle vendor’s vetting,
- assume the responsibilities for contract management and contract administration
- prepare contracts and purchase orders
- Handle the proper digital (Share Point) and hard copy filing of all procurement documentation following relevant SOPs
- Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works informing all relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with Supply Chain / Logistics (Warehouse, Assets, Fleet) department to inform of upcoming deliveries etc
- Work closely with Finance department for payment follow up
- Work closely with Programmes department for continuous update on the requests raised
- Update all Procurement and Contract Trackers, Suppliers’ list and any other Procurement reporting tool
- Support for the preparation and implementation of DRC Dynamics (DRC ERP system) for the Supply Chain Procurement Module
- Perform Procurement to Pay (P2P) activities in DRC Dynamics (erp) following implementation
- Provide training and guidance to any new Supply Chain / Procurement and in general DRC employee on Procurement procedures and guidelines (preparation of presentations, staff inductions etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as required and assigned by Supply Chain Manager
- A degree in Business Administration, or Supply Chain and/or Procurement
- Any other relevant certification will be of an added advantage
- 4-5 years of previous relevant experience in Procurement; NGO experience in Procurement area is a plus
- Good numerical and IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point; experience in erp systems – Microsoft 365 – is highly desired)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple tasks
- Ability to be proactive and work systematically
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also independently, if necessary
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change
- Ability to cope with high workload and under pressure
- High business ethics
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Holder of a valid driving license, B category (optional)
Required Skills & Qualities
Core Competencies of DRC
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstration Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, as well patience and politeness, are needed.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills are a must.
Terms and Conditions
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Athens Country Office (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot systemically sponsor non-EU citizen or non-Greek resident for all the steps of legal process to get a work permit and/or a residency permit in Greece.
Applications close on the 30th of July 2020. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.