Emergency Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager
Scope of work
The new Emergency CWI and CP Manager will work with the Community Well-being Initiative (CWI) Coordinator and the Child and Youth Protection and Development (CYPD) Coordinator. He/she will provide program technical and operational support to the emergency gender-based violence (GBV)/child protection response in Ethiopia. The Manager will lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of GBV/CP interventions directly implemented by IRC as well as sub-awardees. The Manager is also expected to assist in Beneficiary Feedback mechanism initiatives and is expected to spend over 50% in the field and deployments assignments in different regions as needed. The Manager reports to the CWI Coordinator and CYPD Coordinator.
- Supervise emergencies in various regions in Ethiopia, identify intervention areas, and alert Addis and field CP/GBV team.
- Lead IRC’s proposal development of CP/GBV emergency projects that will be submitted for donor approval.
- Engage in the process of selection of sub-awardees, liaise with partners/sub-awardees, review partners’ CP/GBV proposals, and provide appropriate technical support.
- Participate in the entire partnership process with sub-awardees including field monitoring, technical support, and capacity building.
- Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, capacity building, and technical support and guidance to IRC’s field team and partners/sub-awardees.
- Lead rapid assessments in the event of an emergency.
- Lead IRC Ethiopia CP/GBV field emergency staff and partners in surveys, assessment, and response planning of emergency responses.
- Take deployment assignments and organize and lead emergency operations assessment in new locations, assist in hiring field staff, and set up the emergency response in new areas when needed.
- Lead emergency response teams in new intervention areas and implement quick responses.
- Facilitate CP/GBV trainings and workshops on case management and psychosocial support programming for IRC and BoWCA staff.
- Assist program staff in establishing and or strengthening coordination body.
- Represent IRC in monthly CP/GBV coordination meetings that are established to strengthen coordinated emergency settings.
Grant, Budget and procurement Monitoring and Management
- Review of budget spending of IRC interventions as per the original plan, and check if the utilization rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress.
- Review all CP/GBV budgets balances in consultation with field-based CWI/CP Managers and Officers. Provide technical assistance to field staff on budget tracking and management.
- Conduct close follow up on materials and services to be procured/ordered for the projects in Addis.
- Assist in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster-affected including documentation.
- Collaborate closely with Operations (HR and Supply Chain) on program transportation needs, recruitment, and procurement at Addis level, adhere to all IRC policies and procedures.
Reports and Proposals
- Support the preparation of IRC’s proposals and provide feedback to the proposals from sub-awardees.
- Lead the preparation of donor reports for IRC’s direct intervention projects. Involve in the review of sub-awardees donor reports.
- Support the development of proposals and budgets for future emergency responses by IRC Ethiopia.
- Contribute to the MoU preparation for signing project agreement with relevant regional government bureaus.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct field visits and thoroughly document findings and recommendations include a final review of any assessment conducted or any other program learning and evaluation activity.
- Lead the monitoring of IRC direct interventions and sub granted projects.
- Assist in the facilitation of IRC Ethiopia's, government, and donor monitoring visits and project evaluations.
- Participate in post-intervention assessments in coordination with other program units as well as field teams.
- Ensure good project M&E to demonstrate a good plan project implementation and project impact. Assist with planning throughout the project cycle. Ensure that all project requirements and indicators are met and are of a high quality-cost effective implementation, this includes activity guidance, tools, or any innovative approach are developed to improve program quality and support the implementation at field level.