Junior Associate Specialist
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
- Contribute for the 2030 Agenda and SDGs implementation
- Contribute to the Coordination and the monitoring projects implementation, assuring the liaison of the programs and initiatives of the Portfolio
- Provides technical support on a range of Climate change, NDC, conservation, environment and disaster risk reduction areas
- Support the Strategic Partnership and the Resource mobilization initiatives
- Contribute to the Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Required Degree Level: Bachelor's degree on Climate change, Environment or natural resources management.
- Education - additional comments: Climate Change, NDC (National Capacities for Climate Change), Geography.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 year) in climate change, environmental questions and natural resources management, Project documents preparation and implementation
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Fluency in written and spoken English or French required
Knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish would be an advantageDriving license: No Application procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of (enter the Programme Country) and legal residents in (enter the Programme Country or territory) with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 3 - 8 - 2020
Female applicants are strongly encouraged.