International Disaster Relief Operations Manager
Virginia Beach (United States of America)
International Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA**
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an Operations Manager to provide comprehensive operational and current operational planning support for international disasters and humanitarian crises, special projects, and the development of international-based programs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Excellent leadership capability and strong ability to lead and direct teams during disaster response and relief efforts during deployment using sound judgment, clear communication and organizational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong ability to establish professional rapport with outside public as well as OB staff
· Strong analytical skills with ability to work with systems and develop reports
· Strong working knowledge of disaster relief
· Strong knowledge in computers, communications technology, and GIS Web-based Mapping program
· Extreme resourcefulness with dedication to monitor breaking news, weather service reports, and gather pertinent emergency management data from disaster-effected locales
· Thorough research skills with ability to collate and disseminate emergency information with extreme accuracy
· Strong project management skills with ability to assess needs, determine resources, communicate plans, monitor goals, and evaluate results
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
· Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
· Ability to keep up with new and emerging trends in disaster relief technology
· Required to travel (10-15%) when needed/necessary to ensure operations are being conducted in an efficient manner
· NIMS Certified (ICS 100 & 200)
Operation Blessing is a non-profit humanitarian organization working in dozens of countries every day to bring relief to those who are suffering. OB provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.