Resource Mapping Intern
Under the supervision of the Economic Empowerment Manager, resource mapping interns will identify and map out food pantries, English language classes, health centers, and other helpful resources that are located near refugee and special immigrant client residences.
- Conduct Internet research to locate food pantries, medical facilities, language learning centers, and other systems of support for refugees and special immigrants
- Utilize Google maps and/or other mapping programs to identify area resources
- Reach out to nonprofits and other social service agencies to obtain information about hours and service
- Assist with other administrative tasks when needed
This position reports to the Economic Empowerment Manager
- This is an unpaid internship. Work-related driving is eligible for charitable mileage rate reimbursement.
- Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than one year post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation are available if the student submits the appropriate paperwork to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator.