Vocational ESL Intern
Job Title: Vocational ESL Intern
Sector: English as a Second Language
Employment Category: Intern
Under the supervision and direction of the VESL Instructor, the Vocational ESL Intern will provide English instruction and vocational training to newly arrived refugees.
Assist refugees and Special Immigrant Visa clients with English-language instruction and other skills required to integrate into U.S. society.
- Lead group sessions and one-on-one sessions with ESL training materials
- Assist students with vocabulary and pronunciation
- Make copies of instructional materials when needed
- Teach cultural values of the U.S. and skills required for local employment
- Oversee project centered on promoting English and/or vocational learning and literacy among refugees.
- Minimum Commitment: Internship commitments typically run about 15 hours per week for a 4- to 6-month period.
- Interns will become adept at teaching English learners of various skill levels
- Candidates will gain insights in how to help new immigrants become integrated in U.S. society