Team Leader-Livelihoods (1) post
Duty Station : Sittwe, Rakhine State
Report to : Livelihoods Project Manager
Reporting for : Livelihoods Officers and Assistants
Overall purpose of the role:
The Livelihoods Team Leader reports to the Livelihoods Project Manager or Programme Manager and is responsible for supporting the management staff in the professional and efficient implementation of DRC’s livelihood and community activities in Rakhine. The main responsibility of this position is to lead DRC’s livelihoods team, working with communities of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host communities to identify their needs, provide targeted livelihoods and community assistance, and mobilize and train community members on self-reliance, income generation, small-business development, and other related topics. The Livelihoods Team Leader works in close cooperation with other field staff for the planning of activities, and is expected to maintain close cooperation with the targeted communities and to be able to mobilise these to take active part in planning of activities. The Livelihoods Team Leader will have line management responsibilities over DRC’s field team of Livelihoods Assistants.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- In coordination with the Livelihoods PM and other field staff, plan, organize and undertake DRC’s livelihood and community-building activities in IDP communities and host communities.
- Primarily responsible for respective team, either geographic or project distinction.
- Lead livelihoods/community team in daily field activities in IDP communities and host communities.
- Lead teams in the delivery of trainings for community members/groups in TVET, or other LLH related capacity building activities such as income generation and small-business development.
- Lead the team by creating and reviewing team and individual workplans.
- Lead teams for the conduct needs assessments and support in planning of new income-generating activities.
- Support in establishing and maintaining relationships with community representatives, government counterparts, and other humanitarian agencies, ensuring transparency and coordination.
- In coordination with the Livelihood PM and other field staff, liaise with Admin, Finance, and Logistics staff for organizing and planning of assistance delivery.
- Assumes accountability for the financial, procurement, logistical requirements of all staff report to him/her.
- Ensure that all support related documentation should be in DRC standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that activities conducted by livelihood/community Team follow DRC standards and guidelines.
- Keep accurate data records; prepare internal reports updating on activities (in English).
- Staff management for respective TEAM members, provide coaching, mentoring, advising, performance evaluations, and capacity development.
- Lead the Project Teams in absence of the Livelihoods PM. With financial authority of up to 1,500 USD.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by the Livelihoods PM and - in his/her absence – the DRC Rakhine Area Manager
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- University degree (BA/BSc) in Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Management or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience in the field of vocational skills trainings, income generation and community mobilization, preferably working with a humanitarian or development organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with communities, governments and experience of participatory needs assessments.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading a team and providing mentorship to peers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as having a good knowledge of cultural sensitivity; with the ability to lead teams with minimum support
- Flexible and prepared to travel intensively in the region by car and boat, including IDP camps and rural villages in Sittwe and other area.
- Prepared to work with both Rakhine and Muslim communities.
- Good analytical skills especially on markets focused on job markets and computer skills (especially Word and Excel).
- Fluency in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Familiar with local languages
- Fluency in Engilsh reading ,writing and speaking
- Starting date of employment: (as soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and CV only applications will not be considered. Apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After the closing date, applications are not to be considered. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for application.
Deadline for submission of applications: 07-August-2020