Donor Reporting Officer for External Relations
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the EXR & Planning Officer and overall guidance of the COVID19 Incident Manager, the UNV Donor Reporting Officer for External Relations will:
- Contribute to strengthen the internal coordination among relevant units and programs directly involved in the development and revision of donor reports;
- Draft, review and provide quality assurance for technical donor reports, proposals, modification requests, and any other type of fundraising documents and ensure their timely submission;
- Establish and monitor the plan of submission of technical and financial reports by donor, program area technical focal point and deadline of submission;
- Share regular updates with the Country Office Compliance Officer, as well as Regional Office EXR focal point(s) on the status of clearance and submission of donor reports;
- Support Country Office technical officers in the area of quality control and quality assurance of the technical donor reports as well as briefs and proposals;
- Provide on-the-job training to Country Office technical officers on how to develop the content for donor-related products (i.e. donor reports, briefings, proposals) according to Results-Based Management (RBM) standards and guidelines;
- Support the development of donor briefs, background papers for a diverse array of activities for senior management;
- Work closely with procurement, logistic, HR and technical staff to monitor donor stewardship (implementation rates, etc.) and ensure that activities and expenditures are aligned with the approved agreements and correctly reflected in the donor reports, briefs, etc.
- Work closely with Administration and Finance to prepare the financial reports;
- Coordinate with the Country Office M&E team to ensure the correct application of M&E tools and information for the preparation of donor reports and other EXR-related products (i.e. briefs and proposals);
- Work closely with the Country Office Communication team to maintain updated the visibility and advocacy plan of work by donor and present the visibility and advocacy products to external partners through reports and /or ad-hoc briefings;
- Coordinate and follow-up on questions with RO/HQ GM/EXR, and other units (such as communications, Emergency Operations, etc);
- Bachelor dgree in Social Sciences, Journalism, Public Health, Communication OR degree in similar field combined with a professional qualification in project management accreditation;
- Minimum 4 years previous experience in development project operations manuals, SOPs, guidelines and procedures;
- Good understanding of the workflows at humanitarian and development projects
- Good working knowledge of the Project Appraisal Document (PAD) and POM
- Good analytical and communication skills; excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Jordan and legal residents in Jordan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 03-August-2020.