Associate Field Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Ensure that UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Ensure that the needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Ensure that protection incidents and gaps in assistance are immediately identified and addressed.
- Identify vulnerable groups or individuals who may need special attention or special arrangements and make recommendations on the needs of different groups of refugees.
- Assess protection and assistance needs of refugees and asylum-seekers in the region and monitor implementation of refugee assistance programmes.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, handle the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Provide inputs for project submissions and periodic narrative and financial reports for the annual programme.
- Develop and maintain relations with local authorities ensuring smooth negotiations in all aspects of UNHCR's mandate for the benefit of refugees.
- Monitor the security situation in the area and intervene as appropriate with the local authorities.
- Participation in needs assessment as a member of the Multi-Functional team
- In close coordination with programme and project control, monitor project implementation and provide feedback on the progress to the relevant units/sections
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Law, International Law, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
Minimum of 2 years of work experience with refugees and/or other people of concern in a protection capacity required.
Computer skills: Office Package (excellent knowledge of Word, good knowledge of Excel and Power Point) and Internet browsing.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Portuguese(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Field experience. Experience in community services. Coordination/management role.
English is essential. Portuguese and/or French desirable.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 9 August 2020