Center for Excellence and Learning Manager, E6
The Hague (Netherlands)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
The ICMP Center for Excellence and Learning (CEL) works across departments and is the focal point for knowledge management. The CEL gathers, coordinates, stores, shares and creates new materials to enhance learning among staff and external stakeholders in order to support a sustainable process of accounting for missing persons.
The CEL Manager is best suited to a team player with an eye toward collaboration, someone who fully embraces learning in all its formats and a willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done.
The position will be working closely with staff at all levels of the organization including the Director-General, departmental Directors, Heads of Country Programs and the Head of Human Resources. Key responsibilities will be the following:
1. Management of the Center for Excellence and Learning
- Manage and lead the CEL Officers and consultants
- Manage and coordinate all training material
- Create and ensure effective systems are in place to gather, coordinate and disseminate training material
- Ensure internal coordination and communication related to L&D activities
- Define learning system requirements, vet providers and implement a learning management system
- Build and expand e-Learning programs as appropriate
- Liaise with external partners and outsource training, as needed
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
2. Learning and Development
- Work collaboratively with other departments, Subject Matter Experts, the CEL Officers and others to effectively develop and deliver learning solutions for external stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of learning needs assessments and the creation of learning strategies and programs
- Implement programs using web technologies, while continuously identifying new and innovative technologies (virtual, online, etc.)
- Develop custom learning solutions together with the CEL Officers to address gaps in knowledge and skills to better address the missing persons issue
- Develop training materials in partnership with Subject Matter Experts and CEL Officers
- Create the evaluation process to monitor the results of learning courses, workshops and training
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Deliver courses, workshops and other training as required.
3. Lead and manage the CEL team with members both in The Hague and Baghdad.