ICT ERP Support Associate
The Finance and Support Services Department (FSSD) provides effective delivery of IDLO’s finance, reporting, procurement, and information & communication technology to help deliver IDLO’s activities, thereby contributing to IDLO’s ability to strategically fulfill its mission. This also encompasses the optimization of IDLO’s internal policies, processes, and extends to its organizational planning, target-setting, and performance measurement. The Department plays a key role in creating and implementing IDLO’s vision of a networked organization, incorporating the principles of matrix management and promoting an environment of shared resources. The Department is an essential enabler to support cross-functional teams to coalesce around initiatives and projects.
The ICT ERP Support Associate is responsible for resolving system issues and supporting end-users with ERP applications. His/her duties will span from ERP modules administration, troubleshooting and promoting the increase of the utilization of the ERP system features across all IDLO Offices.
Under the direct supervision of the NAV System and Global Support Administrator, and in close collaboration with the ICT Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor the security of the ERP system operations (e.g. user permissions, roles, groups).
- Assist the NAV System and Global Support Administrator with the deployment of patches and new releases of standard and custom MS Dynamics NAV 2018 package applications.
- Provide support and guidance to end-users on the ERP modules (Finance, Procurement, Payroll).
- Provide support during the analysis and testing phase of the system’s functionalities.
- Contribute to maintain a thorough understanding of IT application development standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct System Integration testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Assist in testing, and where necessary, interact with the external NAV technical provider for any NAV system enhancement or upgrade.
- Assess the ERP system’s performance and provide recommendations as needed.
- Support the NAV System and Global Support Administrator in developing user guides and in planning and delivering training sessions.
- Participate in special ERP projects and systems testing as required.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business discipline or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in using Dynamics NAV.
- Proven experience in implementing the complete life cycle of the latest versions of Dynamics NAV (2016/2018).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV modules (Purchasing, Finance, Inventory and Payroll), specific knowledge of the finance module is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Italian is required. Knowledge of either French or Spanish would be an advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Proven experience in ERP support.
- Knowledge of Power BI reporting tools is desirable.
- Full Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with troubleshooting ERP/accounting software systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing remote technical support to clients.
- Ability to gather users and business requirements and translate these into information systems specifications.
- Excellent time management skills, and capable of working under pressure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Works well with others, share information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to candidates who are Italian nationals, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in Italy. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to internationally recruited employees.
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate Contract of 24 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary of Euro 28,500 and additional benefits package including provident fund contribution, health insurance and leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 23 September 2020 (23:59hrs Rome Time).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.