HR Internal Communications Consultant
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the consultancy of HR Internal Communications.
The consultancy is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Propose and consult with the directors of Human Resources, Communications, and relevant teams to develop an internal communication strategy and related work plan. The strategy should consider staff members who do not possess institutional email addresses and/or who are based in other locations than headquarters. Once approved, monitor its implementation.
- Propose and implement innovative action plans to ensure institutional messages from HR, Risk Management and Hospitality are shared effectively with the desired audience.
- Prepare drafts and/or translations of internal communications with process owners and in coordination with the Communication and HR areas.
- Support institutional social media strategy through articles, intranet and website content, etc. in coordination with the area of Communications.
- Support the Hospitality Department in the communication and evaluation of institutional events and the staff social engagement program.
- Contribute to the promotion and encouragement of the active participation of the CIMMYT staff in different internal events.
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR with the Communications department and for all internal communication initiatives.
- Support HR and other staff-oriented support functions by creating internal communication messages and campaigns.
- Prepare key messages and content for all necessary documents ahead of events, such as, programs, invitations, posters, reminders and confirmations to all involved (internal and external).
- Propose a newsletter or other vehicles to ensure internal communication messages reach all CIMMYT staff, including staff without access to institutional email addresses.
Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Identify opportunities for and propose training or programs for CIMMYT staff and partners on topics related to gender and diversity.
- Support CIMMYT’s gender and diversity initiatives sponsored in Human Resources following CIMMYT’s and the CGIAR’s targets, in partnership with the gender in research team.
- Serve as an internal point of contact on gender and diversity related matters topics for the Human Resources Department.
Staff relations and Social Engagement
- Create or support the Staff Committee’s communication strategy as requested, assist in note taking at meetings.
- Support social engagement initiatives, in particular, but not limited to the social and environmental projects, including charity events (animal rescue, donations, etc.).
- Promote activities inside/outside CIMMYT with social objectives (reforestation, community garden, garbage separation, etc.).
- Support the chairs of the Scholarship Committees (Hanson, Febhec, Borlaug Fund, etc.) in providing communication efforts and developing communication materials as well as annual reporting.
- Assist in providing relevant campus information (cashier, HR, common areas, additional services, etc.) and involving them in community activities, jointly with Human Resources and campus volunteers (residents).
- Draft of strategy within 3 months upon joining
- Three articles per month submitted to HR and Communications for publication on InsideCIMMYT.
- One newsletter per month online as well as paper.
- Other materials as requested.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Ability to communicate and professionally write concept notes and articles in both English and Spanish.
- Understanding of and experience with non-profit international organizations.
- Bachelor’s in communication, Human Resources, or other related field.
Candidates must apply online to HR Internal Communications Consultant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 14, 2020. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Yessica Castillo (email@example.com)