Field Team – Project Officer "Outreach Officer" - Internals Only
Duties and responsibilities
NRC is implementing an Urban shelter program in the northern area of Jordan. These activities aim to provide adequate and secure shelters for vulnerable households; this involves social and technical assessments, planning activities, supervision of cases during the execution of works, and follow-up with beneficiaries.
Teams are organized in field units which are supervised by an officer and are made up of team members of social and technical background. These units are directly in charge of reaching targets interact with beneficiaries and have a wide range of responsibility to identify cases and suggest the most suitable support for each of them.
The Field Team - Project Officer (FT-PO) is the head of each field unit. FT-POs are responsible for managing, planning, and allocating resources in their teams to achieve targets for each modality or activity executed in the shelter department. The FT-PO should revise on daily or weekly basis their achievements and status of their teams and prepare plans and strategies to move on to reach the objectives. They count with social and technical staff to achieve their results, but also FT-PO are expected to actively contribute to this by personally also conduct social or technical assessments (depending on their background and skills), support beneficiaries and monitor progress.
The FT-POs are essential player in the implementation of the program, since it is up to them to manage and guide the field units to reach the targets. Their role is shared between office work and field work, depending on target and planning; it is expected that FT-POs spend 60% of their time in the field, roughly 4-5 hours per day.
All this work should be executed as per NRC's standards and guidelines.
- Supervise Technical Assistants - Performance, Arrival Time and Field time (20%)
- Manage the Shelter Field Unit, including planning activities, allocate resources and guide teams (20%)
- Coordinate and liaise with other teams if required (5%)
- Execute Field Assessments, follow up cases and trouble shoot cases (55%)
- Other Functions that might be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Relevant core competency implementation staff
- Support teams, Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics
- Protection staff
- Urban Shelter Support Unit
Scale and scope of position
Staff: 1 Field Team Social Technical Assistants, 3 Field Team Construction Technical Assistants
Stakeholders: Local NGO/CBOs, Civil society, Volunteers
Legal or Compliance: N/A
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 2
- Professional experience in directing teams.
- Experience planning and working towards objectives.
- Relevant work experience in a dynamic and results focused organization.
- Experience with construction project management is helpful, but not required.
2. Behavioral Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
We can offer
Salary/benefits: 1024 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Mafraq
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting,processing,training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent.Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter@nrc_jobs
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.