Country Director Liberia
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Country Director Liberia*
The position is to be filled by October 1, 2020, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Country Director in Liberia you are responsible for managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe (WHH) country program. In doing so you take into consideration the overall WHH strategy and mandate and ensure adherence to WHH quality standards. You will be the teamleader of the national and expat staff members. Furthermore you are responsible for a sound financial management of the allocated funds as well as for the acquisition of additional funding. This will require a professional and experienced approach towards structures and processes, strategic programming, security management and human resources management. Welthungerhilfe Liberia has four offices accross Liberia with the Country office in Monrovia (capital) and 3 project offices (Greenville, Fishtown and Zwedru). The country programme is mainly focused on food and nutrition security, infrastructure and WASH.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country programme.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate programme activities with local decision-makers, partner organisations and other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country.
- Prepare planning documents for project follow-on phases and for new projects in the country.
- Ensure efficient and reliable structures and processes that reflect decentralisation and which allow to facilitate, coordinate and improve project implementation.
- Invest in donor relation in order to maintain substantial institutional funding.
- Identify potential partner organisations; develop joint strategies and project ideas.
- Select and recruit international and national experts.
- Manage and supervise international and national experts.
- Ensure the proper planning of financial, asset and human resources as well as regular reporting to the Regional Directorate and the cofinanciers.
- Warrant the required flow of information and public transparency of the project work in the country of deployment.
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like international development, international management, rural development, agricultural sciences or a comparable level of qualification.
- At least 10 years of project management experience and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development cooperation, preferably in the region.
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment.
- Excellent HR Management skills and ability to work in a multinational team.
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility.
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload.
- Experience in security/crisis management.
- Experience working with partner organizations.
- A very good command of English, both spoken and written, proficiency in German language would be an advantage.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 31, 2020. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.