Programme Support Officer
Programme Support Officer
The Programme Support Officer (PSO) will play a vital role in the Head Office support of GOAL’s country programmes and will be part of the HQ Operations Team. Working in a fast-passed environment and undertaking tasking which will touch on a wide range of GOAL’s overseas programmes and HQ functions, they will be responsible for a broad and varying range of duties including grant management and country support
· As directed by team leadership, provide support for Operations Team members in their administration and management of GOAL’s portfolio of grants or other country programme related tasking during busy periods.
· Provide support for country programmes in the development of reports and proposals as required.
· Develop a working knowledge of mechanisms used to report to major donor agencies, specifically: Irish Aid’s Programme Funding and humanitarian instruments; USAID; ECHO; EuropeAid; DFID; etc. Develop familiarity with relevant donor guidelines in the event that support is required.
· Maintain GOAL’s registrations with all key donors.
· Gap fill for Desk Officers on leave / in the field / role under recruitment as required.
Country and Operations Team
· Arrange and minute communications for Operations Team meetings, weekly team meetings and programme review committee meetings and others as requested.
· Provide support on the consolidation and review of the Annual Country plans.**
· Support the Director of International Programmes on the GOAL Programmes Subcommittee preparation, and other management information for GOAL board meetings as required.
· Work with the Communications Department and country programme teams to develop and submit high quality case studies, stories of change or success stories and media input.
· Emergency support - Providing general support for Desk during emergency response, including sitreps and GMS support.
· Providing support to Desk Officers to improve integrity and ensure the Grant Management System, GMS is up to date
· Where required, support the maintenance of key departmental systems including the internal SharePoint page and grant management system.**
· Be prepared to assume a wide range of other activities as prescribed by the Operations Team’s leadership.
· Provide input and support to the Director of Strategy in the completion of a number of projects including Finalisation, publication and promotion of GOAL’s 2019-2021 Strategy and Implementation of a Targeted Operating Model
- A Bachelors’ degree in a relevant subject.
- A minimum of one years’ experience working in an NGO in a field-based or HQ role. Further field or HQ based experience a benefit, particularly in programmes focused roles.
- Experience in administration with demonstrable capacity for delivering accurate work on time in a dynamic and multi-priority context.
- A strong sense of mission and appreciation of the aims and objectives of GOAL.
- Adept in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with strong communication and analytical skills.
- A Masters level degree in a relevant subject highly desirable.
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in donor relationship management, including grant management, proposal and report writing, ideally within the development context and/or with GOAL’s key institutional donors (Irish Aid, USAID, OFDA, FFP, DFID, ECHO, EU DevCo, UN agencies, etc.). Familiarity with key donor priorities and grant implementation, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
- Specific knowledge or experience of GOAL’s thematic programme or sectors.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has Standards of Integrity and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.