Operations Assistant, Public Health Communicator,SC5,Cox's Bazar
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Operations Assistant, Public Health Communicator – COVID-19 Health Outreach and Support Services will support WFP’s engagement with humanitarian staff and eligible dependents in the context of COVID-19. The incumbent will work under direct supervision of the COVID-19 Coordinators, and in close collaboration with the Admin unit
The Operation Assistant - COVID-19 Health Outreach and Support Services will support WFP’s engagement with humanitarian staff and eligible dependents in the context of COVID-19.
The incumbent will:
- Contact Tracing: Conduct Contact Tracing interviews, with suspected COVID-19 cases and tested positive cases.
- Administration: Facilitate delivery of medicine, meals, healthy foods, Self Care Package, transport, as needed to people in isolation, quarantine or requiring further assistance, as requested.
- Communications on Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices, Needs (KAPN): Assist WFP COVID-19 Coordinators in ensuring that all WFP Cox’s Bazar personnel are fully aware of the prevention, behaviours, practices, needs and self-monitoring activities that they and their eligible dependents need to perform on a daily basis.
- Training: Conduct face-to-face and remote trainings and outreach, as required, on the above, as needed.
- Perform any other tasks required in the context of the overall WFP COVID-19 operations in Cox's Bazar.
Education: Degree in humanities, science and/or public health or any relavant area.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of national field experience, of which at least 1 in relevant public health related programs in developing countries. Additional experience of project support functions and/or research is an advantage. Prior experience in Cox’s Bazar is preferred.
Excellent written and oral/communications skills in English, Bangla, and Chittagonian is desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Contract Type : Special Service Agreement
Contract Duration : 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 86,452
Number of post: 1
12 August 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.