World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*This is a full-time Programme Director position based in Herat, Afghanistan.
As Programme Director, you will:
- Provide expertise to and oversight of all programme/project related activities and responsibilities within World Vision Afghanistan, and ensure these are carried out effectively.
- Provide leadership to the programme to ensure it aligns with and moves forward the World Vision Afghanistan Country Strategy.
- Coordinate and provide expertise for grants acquisition related activities.
- Ensure the adoption, implementation and strategic reporting of Child Well-Being Outcomes and Targets.
- Manage and support Programme Team staff and Sector Leads; assist and support Zonal
- Managers and Project Managers in order for them to understand, implement & report on partnership and donor mandated requirements, while ensuring that financial and non-financial components of the program are adhered to.
- Provide support to and coordinate with MEAL & Strategy team.
- Strong understanding of the grants cycle.
- Familiarity with major donor funding requirements - USAID, EU, ECHO, DFID, GAC, DFAT, UN agencies, CERF, CBPF etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in grant acquisition/management, project design, proposal development and writing, and evidence development for international donor agencies, M&E systems design and management.
- Understanding of Emergency response and integrated rural community development programming and processes.
- Strong team management skills so has to both develop, guide enlist cooperation from, and ensure optimum performance of supervisees.
- Experience in integrated project design and monitoring and evaluation systems development.
- Minimum five (5) years of development and/or relief field experience –– or the equivalent in the headquarters/support office of a major NGO
- Experience in Emergency response and integrated program delivery and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in a fragile context.
- Experience in an Islamic context. Advanced English language skills. (Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people. **
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 AUGUST 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.