Post Number : 3CUCLT0001PA
Grade : P-4
Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Havana
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 21-AUG-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Duration of contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance)
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The UNESCO Regional Office for Culture in Latin America and the Caribbean is launching the joint UNESCO-European Union programme Transcultura: Integrating Cuba, the Caribbean and the European Union through Culture and Creativity. The Programme is built on two components: the first focusing on strengthening the skills and capacities of young cultural professionals and the second on enhancing opportunities through knowledge transfer and exchanges. It includes the establishment of a regional Cultural Training Hub in Cuba and will create opportunities for entrepreneurship, socio-economic projects and collaboration in the cultural and creative sectors, heritage and tourism within the Caribbean region and with the European Union.
The Programme Coordinator, under the programmatic authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture and in parallel under the authority and direct supervision of the Director of the Office, and in close coordination with the Culture Sector and other relevant UNESCO colleagues, will manage the coordination and overall implementation of the Transcultura Programme and its activities by carrying out the following roles and responsibilities:Long Description
- Coordinate the overall planning, implementation, management, and reporting of the Transcultura Programme in compliance with the specific objectives, expected outputs and outcomes, and activities of the Programme
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of programme implementation and the reporting on project activities in close coordination with the corresponding Officer and the Programme team
- Liaise with relevant national, regional and international governmental and non-governmental counterparts and stakeholders
- Oversee and contribute to the development and implementation of the Communication and Visibility Plan for the Programme, in close coordination with the National Communications Manager and the Programme team
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Development, Social Sciences, Cultural Studies or other related fields.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible and professional experience in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects or programmes in culture, education and/or related fields, with at least three (3) years at the international level.
- Experience working in and with the Caribbean and Latin American Region.
- Experience (academic or professional) in the cultural and creative sectors, heritage or tourism.
- Experience coordinating a multi-skilled/multicultural team.
- Experience engaging government agencies, partner institutions and/or donors and in developing partnerships.
Skills and competencies
• Strong understanding of the Caribbean and Latin American context.
• A high degree of emotional intelligence, political acumen and diplomatic skills.
• Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and Results Based Management and competence in designing and managing development programmes.
• Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to set priorities, to ensure compliance to rules and administrative guidelines, to analyse and respond to routine and non-routine issues.
• Ability to identify and analyse trends, opportunities and threats and to develop appropriate strategies and mechanisms to address them.
• Ability to establish good working relationships with internal and external colleagues, experts, partners and stakeholders at the national, regional and international level.
Ability to manage, supervise and motivate staff and team.
• Knowledge of ethical and behavioural expectations, sound judgement, and high standards of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English and Spanish.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with the UN System or the European Union.
Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of UN and/or European Union procedures, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of French.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.ASSESSMENT
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.