Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Western Balkans Program, L7
Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
Western Balkans Program
In the Western Balkans, ICMP has supported regional cooperation in the search for the missing; it has worked effectively to foster the development and cooperation of civil society organizations with one another and with governments and local authorities in the region. It has pioneered the application of state-of-the-art DNA and advanced database informatics to locate and identify large numbers of missing persons. To date, more than 70 percent of the estimated 40,000 persons reported missing at the end of the fighting in the Western Balkans have been accounted for. ICMP’s Western Balkans Program continues to provide assistance to countries in the region to account for approximately 12,000 persons who are still missing from the conflict in the 1990s.
ICMP is looking for a motivated Software Quality Assurance Engineer to develop a strong quality assurance system within the software development units. We are seeking experienced individual to help create testing and validation strategies to ensure the reliability and robustness of multiple applications developed by the ICMP. The position is based in Tuzla, Bosnia Herzegovina but for the right candidate a remote position will be considered.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director of Data Systems and Data Coordination Department the main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the creation of a strong quality assurance system within the software development team of the ICMP;
- Ensuring that the desktop and web-based applications developed at the ICMP comply with this QA system and follow best practices for software development;
- Developing test project plans, test logs, test schedule, test plans, and detailed test cases as well as automatisation of test cases;
- Executing and coordinating the execution of test cases according to defined test plans and ensuring that software quality meets the specified project requirements;
- Responsible for generating Software Validation Report;
- Generation of defect reports and tracking the corrective actions performed on reported defects;
- Assisting in collection and generation of official project documentation;
- Reviewing existing infrastructure and systems and proposing changes to meet the QA system and Data Systems departments’ requirements;
- Managing the day to day tasks related to software Quality Assurance, including but not limited to coordinating control and documentation of changes for existing and applications in development, and coordinating the effective resolution of anomalies and defects in cooperation with the application development teams;
- Assistance with proposal writing and grant reporting on specific projects;
- Other duties as required.