Railway Operations Specialists
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||The ideal candidate will have:
- Peripheral knowledge of station operations including ticketing, fares, passenger train information systems, ticket vending machines.
- Conversant in operational access, operating agreements & equipment leases.
- Able to analyse & prepare budgets.
- Knowledge of rolling stock mechanical inspections & maintenance, physical characteristics of the territory & qualified on railroad rule books.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Transportation, Engineering or Planning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in railway operations.
- Knowledge of computer software programs including MS Office, Internet applications, econometric or transportation modelling, database management.
- Ability to utilise computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Must be innovative, detail oriented & results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels & to resolve problems.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects effectively & meet firm deadlines.
- Must be able to fulfil essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness & safe manner.