Director Next Generation of Corporate Resource Planning System
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The department of Information Management and Technology has an operational and strategic role. On the one hand, the department provides relevant, quality, reliable, and cost-effective IT services for the Organization to achieve its health mandate. On the other hand, it aims to be a strategic enabler for WHO by creating partnerships with business units (administrative and health technical), capturing business needs, establishing and managing projects to address these requirements. WHO’s current version of Oracle EBS (12.1.3) and some of its allied systems will have to be replaced as soon as possible. WHO is reviewing the options of replacing the current EBS on premise solution with a cloud SaaS based Best-of-Breed and vertical solution - with a modern set of tools using standard best practice business processes and cutting-edge technology. A new standard solution with minimum customizations will allow WHO to use modern technology like mobile access, Artificial Intelligence and business process automation, and to take advantage of any new technology and features added to the selected platform(s).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the Organization's strategy and the enhance opportunities of cloud based ERP and allied subsystems; communicates broad and compelling organizational direction outlined in the Global Program of Work 13 (GPW13), inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities enabled by the next generation or ERP.
Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change, enhancement and improvements; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Manage a portfolio of complex Postmodern ERP initiatives that span multiple lines of business. Manage and own the full programme life cycle: from the planning to post go-live, ensuring accomplishment of desired scope, timeline and quality within established budget. Manage all aspects of multiple related projects according to scope, time, and resources and equally important to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives. Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings. Procure and secure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes. Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables. Business and Senior Stakeholder Engagement: Engage and manage business sponsors and focal points across the Organization globally and provide them with updates. Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address the Organization's goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders. Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
Manage changes in a fast paced, complex and demanding environment. Ensure that change management is integrated with the program and project management activities. Coordinate so that the changes across multiple and simultaneous project streams are synchronized. Facilitate the work needed to introduce the change to users globally in the Organization.
Team Management including Performance:
Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members, vendors, and stakeholders. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team. Monitor the performance of project staff.
Actively manage the engagement contract(s) with vendors. Lead and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders. Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services. Actively and proactively manage the work and deliverables of the vendors; i.e. challenging their work estimates, reviewing their deliverables, monitoring the work of resources on-site, near-shore, offshore. Conducts regular meetings and progress reviews with the vendors and removing bottlenecks to delivery. Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or litigation as needed.
Quality Control and Assurance:
Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution. Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities. Coordinate with the leadership team and other IT resources to solve complex problems, develop innovative solutions, remove barriers and collaborate with sprint teams to iteratively deliver with quality based on release plans.
Designing, implementing and manage an overall risk management process for the ERP implementation program. Perform risk evaluation and implement risk-based program to effectively manage operational risks including monitoring and reporting of effectiveness of program risk framework, related controls and indicators to senior management.
EducationEssential: Advanced level university degree in business, public administration or global management, Computer Science, Project Management, Information Management, or other related discipline. Certification in Project Management methodology and delivery methods such as Prince 2, PMBOK, and/or Agile SCRUM
Desirable: Certification on Lean, Six Sigma, or ITIL v.3/v.4
Essential: At least 15 years of relevant work experience in portfolio and program management in an international environment; of which 7 years were spent on direction-setting, running program(s), and product delivery on key strategic initiatives with senior-level leadership and responsibility on financial and resources management.
At least 10 years of demonstrated experience and success in managing multi-million-dollar IT business initiatives, within a corporate environment across different locations and/or across different departments/functions.
Demonstrated experience in strategy development and implementation. Demonstrated experience in large scale ERP implementation and ERP Oracle EBS on-premise to cloud migration projects.
Demonstrated experience in implementing large scale postmodern ERP projects including one or more of the major cloud SaaS products Oracle fusion, SAP S/4 HANA, Workday, across multiple business vertical CRM, Planning, Supply chain, finance and Human capital management.
Demonstrated experience in implementing low code platforms like Microsoft PowerApps, Appian and Nintex and middleware integration platforms like MuleSoft, Boomi and Oracle.
Demonstrated experience with business process re-engineering using best practice and standard processes generally available in SaaS cloud products like Salesforce, Oracle fusion, SAP S/4 HANA and Workday.
Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations and management.
Proven experience in writing business plans, project-related documentation, or technical papers.
Desirable: Relevant experience working for large multinational company or IO/UN agency in complex IT programmes or projects at senior or director level. Experience in management consulting under the areas of IT strategy, programme and project delivery, and business process re-engineering. Experience in change management, customer experience, quality assurance, and communications.
1. Demonstrated leadership and team management skills in international and multi-cultural settings at the global and regional level.
2. Proven ability to lead, manage, coordinate and successfully deliver IT-business programmes and projects across geographical locations and organizational departments under intense pressure and complex emergency situations.
3. Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and strategy development for programmes, with the ability to quickly comprehend strategic and tacticalobjectives and to formulate comprehensive plans to address challenges/risks.
4. Proven ability to successfully interact and negotiate with senior leaders and authorities at national and international level.
5. Strong understanding of interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs. Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
6. Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, quality assurance and risk management methods and techniques.
7. Proven ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders and coordinate activities across multiple parties and multiple organizations.
8. Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi-tasking role, synthesizing information quickly, managing priorities, delivering with quality, and working to challenging timescales. High ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
9. Excellent communication (both oral and written), problem solving and analytical skills.
10. Proactive, flexible, resourceful and able to work efficiently and independently with limited supervision.
11. Proven ability to promote the use and adherence of methodologies, processes, and standards across the Organization.
12. Proven excellence in planning, co-ordination and organization.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
REMUNERATIONWHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 111,502 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 7192 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.