Recruitment Assistant- Misrata
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC is seeking a Governance a Recruitment Assistant for a USAID funded project designed promote peace and reconciliation at the community level in the cities of Misrata, Bani Walid, and Tawergha. The project will incorporate a people-to-people approach and empower youth to advance peace, stability, and dialogue through organized groups, civic participation, positive media, and localized peace projects.The project will enable youth groups of each city to work with municipal councils and other relevant actors to promote peace processes, reconciliation, and peaceful co-existence. Activities will mitigate conflicts from escalating by providing targeted support to peace actors, community-level leaders/groups and influencers, and constituent-responsive authorities who are engaged in, or wish to be engaged in, peace-building, conflict mitigation, and reconciliation
Job Overview/Summary: The Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for filling positions under USAID grant, for national positions and full-time needs to meet demands of donors and programs in Misrata location, Bani Walid and Tawergha. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions.
- Support the recruitment cycle (post vacancies, arrange interviews, interview candidates maintain a recruitment tracking sheet for all open national positions etc.)
- Check references for employee chosen for the required position
·Sourcing and short listing of CVs
- Send rejection letters for unsuccessful applicants
- Implement and enforce IRCs Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures; and ensure compliance with all labor laws.
- Participate in review and delivery of HR/recruitment policies and procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR/recruitment information at all times.
·Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
·Deepen and widen the talent pools that IRC has access to and support all level of recruitment as requested.
- Any Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:HR Officer-Misrata
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Recruitment Officer-Tripoli
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
·Internal: All programs and operations staff
·External:This position will require close collaboration with IRC Partners, schools/universities, other NGO networks, etc.