This position is specifically assigned for Emergency Health response services in Sittwe, Rathaetaung and Minbya Township.
Implementation of SRH care in targeted camps and villages
- Respect and follow 5 clinic opening hours and 8 working hours a day
- Provide quality health education/awareness raising related with SRH in line with MOHS protocols.
- Family Planning Counseling including childhood/parental hood preparation and counseling.
- General Reproductive Health Counseling.
- Acting as focal person for communication and coordination between mobile clinic and WPE for provision of Gender Based Violence (GBV) related services
- Ensure adherence to a survivor centered approach when providing GBV services.
- Set up “Client Friendly GBV and SRH services at the SRH clinics and safe spaces(Pilot)
- Assist Medical Doctor/Clinic manager in giving appropriate medical care to the patients according to MOHS and IRC protocols
- Educate a patient about the clinical condition that he/she suffered and explain the possible side effect of medications
- Administer and dispense drugs as prescribed by the Medical Doctor and ensure the patient is clear on how to take the medication (correct dosage/frequency and duration)
- Ensure the clinic environment is clean and patient friendly
- Strictly follow universal precaution, infection control principles and sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Implement the proper triage of patients presenting to clinics.
Record keeping and medical supplies management
- Record the drugs dispensed to every patient in daily consumption register/record book
- Complete and keep proper medical records and registers
- Manage stock of drugs and clinic commodities
- Ensure not to stock out of drugs at the clinic by the collaboration with medical doctors and medical supply chain officer
- Assist Medical Doctor/Clinic Manager (Team Leader) to manage clinic database including data compilation, entry and reporting
Capacity building of the Community Volunteers
- Coordinate with Medical doctor, Clinic Manager, Community Health Manager and Community Health Officer to provide competency based capacity building training for community volunteers (CHW/AMW)
- Support on the job training and coaching to community volunteers by Community health Team
- Assist Medical Doctor in supervising clinic guard, tuk tuk driver, translators and community health workers
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct data entry at clinic level:
oSupport Medical Doctors in entering patient consultation data onto tablets and in hard copy to patient record books
oIn collaboration with medical doctors, collate information on relevant morbidities into daily State health Department reports
- Prepare and report weekly and monthly EWARS reports and MUAC screening report as needed
- Ensure adherence to GBV information sharing protocol when sharing any GBV related data
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- Assist medical doctor/clinic manager to provide procurement documents in advance as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies in order to identify health priorities and practices among the IDP and community
- Assist Medical Doctor/ Clinic Manager for establishing diseases surveillance system and outbreak response as needed
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested