Regional Finance Deputy Regional, Atlantic Central
As a member for the Global Finance Team, the Regional Finance Deputy Director for Atlantic Central provides RAI regional leadership and management necessary to ensure that the organization has the appropriate financial infrastructure and systems in place at the field programs to support the strategic vision and mission of the organization. S/he will contribute to the development of RAI program strategic and operational plans and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted and comprehensive financial analytical review. The Director is responsible for overseeing the financial and accounting management of the RAI’s Atlantic Central programs offices. Emphasis will be placed on maintaining financial management practices and systems that are compliant with US and local laws as well as donor requirements but are also conducive to effective implementation of field programs.
As Regional Finance Deputy Director, s/he will have responsibility for all aspects of strategic and operational finance across the Atlantic Central region, acting as the principal finance business partner to the Regional Director, as well as conforming to IRCs financial control environment and CFO standards and objectives.
Based in a mutually agreeable location on the US west coast, the Regional Finance Deputy Director will have dual reporting to the Controller (or his designate) and the RAI Atlantic Central Regional Director.S/he will work closely with the field-based Finance Managers, Executive Directors, as well as regional counterparts in AMU, GSC, HR, IT and other functional departments.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strategic Planning & Financial Analysis
• Provide financial information which supports the Regional Director in making business decisions in line with IRC and RAI Program strategies;
• Provide strategic analysis on the overall financial health of the Atlantic Central Regional Director and HQ Finance;
• Contribute and provide feedback on annual operating and grant budgets;
• Provide high quality financial and accounting support to IRC to ensure:
• RAI field offices provide accurate and timely recording of accounting transactions
• RAI field offices financial controls are in place and adhered to
• RAI field offices comply with IRCs financial standards
• Prepare and review internal financial reports and ensure that management at headquarters and the regional and field office level are kept abreast of financial related issues of their programs;
• Provide technical guidance and support as requested by the field offices;
• Ensure timely dissemination of new initiatives and polices to the field and monitoring of implementation;
• Develop an expertise on the rules and regulations of all donors, and provide guidance in the area of donor compliance;
Financial Systems & Business Process Improvement
• Contribute to discussions on financial policy issues including the maintenance and development of the International Finance Manual;
• Serve as an Integra Super Use and support the roll-out of the new system which will include training and technical support.
Regional Finance Support and Risk Mitigation
• Conduct periodic support visits to field offices following an approved scope of work;
• Respond to ad hoc requests made by the Controller, the RAI Atlantic Central Regional Director, RAI HQ Management, or field offices;
• Monthly reviews of the financial health and risk identification shared with the Regional Director for action;
• Proactively identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies in conjunction with the Regional Director;
• Internal/External Audit closure and corrective action plan development and tracking;
• Attend all audit opening and exit meetings for audits conducted in region.