Monitoring,Evaluation and Feedback Mechanism Assistant (BAMENDA)
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world. The IRC assists, provides rehabilitation and provides post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. Present in more than 40 countries, IRC's mission is to help the people whose lives and livelihoods are affected by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and take charge of their future.
In the face of a growing humanitarian crisis, the IRC is launching emergency programs in the Far North and South West regions of Cameroon. The planned programs include environmental health (EH), Protection and Rule of Law (PROL), Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) and the Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE).
Reporting to the field Coordinator, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Feedback Mechanism Assistant is personally responsible for the Data Entry Clerk, and ensuring that there is adequate and appropriate communication between all the team members to ensure accurate and detailed information is collected and collated in a timely and presentable manner. S/he is responsible to receive feedback and complaints coming from the communities where IRC is working regarding the services the organization is rendering. The position holder will closely work with the program team specially in liaising between the community and the organization in terms of information flow from one to the other and vise-versa. S/he will collect feedbacks coming from the community through the toll free system, pass onto the respective sector team following the organization feedback mechanism information flow system or depending the category level of the feedback, respond to the person who reported the complaint
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Feedback Mechanism Assistant is responsible for the analysis and presentation of information gathered.
- In collaboration with M&E Officer, leads data collection process by developing tools, selecting and training enumerators,
- To provide periodic highlight of program progress and aspects of program reporting that need to be improved.
- Ensure completeness of data before submitting final monthly analysis report.
- To provide technical support to IRC programs implementing partners on data analysis and presentation.
- Organise and conduct trainings to IRC implementing partners on data management tools.
- To contribute to the planning implementation and analysis of surveys
- To have a clear understanding of the programmes goals and objectives and what aspects of M&E will assist in these achievements.
- Perform other responsible related duties as required or requested by Supervisor.
- She /He will:
- Answer tool free calls, record the complaints/feedback applying the template/s prepared for the purpose;
- Regularly update herself/himself with IRC projects to understand the areas of thematic and geographic areas of operation;
- Encourage staff to raise concern in the organisation
- Understand well and brief staff and others on IRC Cameroon Community Accountability Mechanisms;
- Regularly update herself/himself with the new policies and procedures of IRC particularly in relation to accountability;
- Respond to those like information requests or answer questions if it is within her/his mandate specified in the IRC Cameroon Community Accountability Mechanism document;
- Summarize the information and report to the concerned body as stated in the Community F Accountability Mechanism document;
- Whenever needed and got approval from her/his supervisor, share relevant information that can be used in the new projects designs;
- Make preliminary analysis and share the summary to the respective sector concerned staff (following the Community Accountability Mechanism);
- Participate in lesson sharing meetings/bazars/workshops; and
- Systematically and securely document the reports;
- Design a strategy and regularly check whether all the target communities have access to the hotline services;
- To collaborate with other agencies and stakeholders in the sharing of skills and information.
- To represent IRC at workshops and meetings with relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders.