M&E Data Management Manager
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management Manager to be based in Sana’a. The ideal candidate should have worked in an M&E or relevant position for at least four years especially in health, nutrition, environmental health, food security and livelihoods, education, women`s empowerment or related technical sectors. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning, data management, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning activities. The role will contribute to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing high-quality written and designed products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various IRC sectors and departments. This position will be based in Sana’a but will require frequent travel to the field. The M&E Data Management Manager will technically supervise M&E staff in Sana’a and Hodeidah, and report to the MEAL Coordinator based in Aden.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Data Management
- Ensuring that the IRC's global standards for measurement are implemented for improved program quality and use of data within the organization. Develop and review the MEAL plan for each of the projects and map out the information and reporting requirements for different projects at the field office levels and country office levels and ensure that this information is reflected in database and reporting system.
- Provide support in development of measurement, data management and reporting strategy that also include system development, data analysis and reporting of analyzed data for informed decision making.
- For measurements of unique clients and services for indicators, develop a central database system at the country level, as well as field office levels for both quantitative and qualitative data management, ensuring standard IRC and donor funded project requirements and all sector specific data is compiled, cleaned and ready for use.
- Provide technical input to project information system teams in development / configuration of databases and dashboards on standard data platform in timely manner.
- Ensure that required monitoring and clients data are collected and entered the system on agreed timeline by the field offices, review the data for ensuring quality and reliability,provide feedback for corrective actions if needed. Sign off on data entered the database following data cleaning and quality review.
- On monthly basis, generate a monthly program snapshot, write analytical reports of monitoring data which can present trends, patterns and lessons from the program database management practices for improved reporting system.
Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
·Ensuring relevant, timely, and quality support to IRC Yemen technical sectors on assessments, surveys and evaluations including developing data collection tools, recruitment and training of enumerators, setting up mobile devices and supervision of data collection, supporting data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings
·Update Country Evaluation plan all evaluations and surveys are implemented according to plan.
·Maintaining a proper filing/archiving/database system for all M&E resources including data collection tools, datasets, reports, SOPs, strategies among others using IRC Intranet / SharePoints.
Supervision and Managing Team
·Supervising and supporting a team of M&E Officers including setting performance objectives, mentoring, and coaching them with gender equal approach.
·Holding weekly team meetings with the M&E Officers and Assistants and representing the MEAL team during Management Team coordination meetings, when required.
·Creating a cohesive team environment through fostering open communication and providing constructive feedback and support to all team members
·Identifying professional development opportunities for M& E Officers and Assistants focusing on knowledge and skills related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning
·Conducting visits to field sites to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that M&E and learning tools are understood and being implemented effectively
·Liaise with standard data platform technical team to make sure updated data is presentable on dashboards according to donor reporting and decision making requirements of grants and program management teams.
·Participate in grants meetings and assist technical teams, project teams and information users at different management levels to use interactive dashboards for real-time analysis and decision making.
·Providing technical guidance during periodic data review meetings to Program Coordinators/Managers to support them in implementation of global measurement standards.
·When appropriate/applicable, facilitating and participating in information sharing opportunities among IRC partners / donors, including requests for documentation and information from third party monitors.