Human Resources Officer NOB
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
What will you do at this position?
You will have to manage the delivery of a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Why work with us?
This position is based in our Regional Bureau in Dakar (RBD), Senegal. This Regional Bureau covers a broad and very diverse set of countries in West and Central Africa.
RBD provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 19 countries in the region which is an amazing mix of cultures, people and diversity.
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=you
How can you make a difference?
At this position, you will have to:
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high calibre workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Perform other duties as required
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have for...
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically, three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge in Talent acquisition and People Management tools, practices, strategy and implementation
- Knowledge and experience on Performance Management principles, tools and implementation
- Knowledge and experience on Learning and Development strategies and implementation
- Ability to facilitate and deliver trainings
- Ability to effectively make use the performance management, learning and recruitment software platforms and tools
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Effective communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in French and English Language.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
This Position is Open to: Senegalese nationals only (NO/ National Officer)
Unit/ Division: Human Resources / Regional Bureau Dakar (RBD)
Type of Contract: FT (Fixed Term)
Contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Closing date: 13 September 2020
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.