ICLA Officer - Beirut (Lebanese National)
Duties and responsibilities
1. Oversee the ICLA Field Assistants team.
2. Plan and supervise the implementation of ICLA activities in the affected areas.
3. Involve and inform communities and community leaders about ICLA activities.
4. Conduct individual and group information sessions on civil documentation, legal residency and housing, land and property and employment rights.
5. Provide counselling by staff.
6. Oversee Information Focal Points activities.
7.Work closely with ICLA legal consultants and ensure the proper identification and follow up of cases requiring counseling and/or legal representation.
8. Conduct and support implementation of collaborative dispute resolution activities.
9. Follow NRC referral system and refer identified cases to the designated focal points.
10. Maintain archiving system up to date (hardcopies and files) with special attention to legal cases filing.
11. Supervise data entry and ensure data cleaning in ICLA database.
12. Report on a regular basis on activities and results to the relevant NRC staff.
13. Ensure coordination at internal and external level.
14. Conduct administrative tasks (ex. IFPs and lawyers payments and other tasks, when required).
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role, preferably in the humanitarian sector.
Previous experience in provision of legal services, including collaborative dispute resolution.
Previous experience in community sensitization
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
We can offer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.