Reporting to the Finance and Admin Officer, the Receptionist is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Urban office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc.)
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the Finance and Admin Officer
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the Senior IT officer
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer, compile and submit MTN-CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the Finance & Admin Officer or designate.
Events Management (Conference/Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- Coordinate weekly, monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the Urban office
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- Secretarial task- Ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.