National Director Haiti (f/m)
SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella organization for the Global Federation of SOS Children's Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. To support us with this important responsibility, we are now looking for a committed:
National Director of Haiti
International Office Latin America & the Caribbean
The National Director leads, manages and develops the National Association as its chief executive, ensuring effective delivery of programmes and services to children and youths, families and communities within the frame of the international SOS Children’s Villages Organisation’s Vision, Mission & Values and strategic plan. Through seeking governmental subsidies and funding, international/national grants as well as through fundraising he/she maximizes the financial self-sufficiency of the national association (and the ability to financially support other national associations) according to the potential in the country.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Lead the strategic planning/positioning processes of the association to ensure sustainability and relevance of the association’s work.
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of all programmes and guarantee child-care quality according to the organisation’s defined standards.
- Ensure the effective and sustainable management of the national association’s financial and other resources.
- Build the human capacity of the association to ensure its long-term growth and stability.
- Ensure strong local rooting by promoting the association’s local integration and by building recognition at all levels in the country. Strengthen the affiliation to the international SOS federation by participation in and contributing to international processes.
- Promote and manage an appropriate image of the organisation both internally and externally, using our values, standards and guidelines as the basis for shaping the brand.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed SOS Children’s Villages International standards.
Competencies and skills required
- Bachelor of Business Administration or similar with emphasis on local and global development issues.
- Ability to perform critical analyzes and integrate information.
- Excellent communication skills in English (mandatory).
- Ability to build partnerships with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) who work for the rights of children without parental care or at risk of losing their parental care.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter including your salary claim to email: email@example.com.
SOS Children's Villages is committed to the rights of children, promoting an approach to protection and gender, interculture, inclusion and equal opportunities. Encourages the participation of men and women without distinction of social group, gender or culture.