Sen. Protection Capacity Building Officer
IRC Uganda is currently looking for a Senior Protection Capacity Building Officer to help reimagine and reshape nationally driven and locally led protection systems to serve displaced women, children and others who are at the greatest risk of trauma, violence, abuse and exploitation during the COVID-19 pandemic response and beyond. The ideal candidate will develop protection case management training modules and strengthen the capacity of a local civil society organisation to pioneer and field test system strengthening approaches with the aim of advancing social protection for refugees and displaced populations in line with the Global Compact on Refugees, the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework and localised SDGs in Uganda.
The Senior Protection Capacity Building Officer reports directly to the National Protection and Rule of Law Manager and is based in Kampala.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Lead and coordinate technical support on protection case management, including the design and implementation of an integrated protection case management framework
- Design protection case management package [paper-based and digital], including forms, templates and tools, in consultation with the Senior Protection Manager and PRoL Technical Advisor
- Develop protection case management training modules and tools, including M&E
- Provide leadership on the selection, documentation, training and mentoring of civil society organisation for pilot case management system
- Carry out sub-grant partnership agreement with select civil society organisation and ensure compliance with internal rules, in coordination with the Grants Unit
New Business Development
- Contribute to identifying opportunities for, designing and developing concept notes and proposals to scale up the Seed Initiative and grow the PRoL portfolio.
- Ensure all programme design adhere to IRC theories of change and advance outcomes which are evidence-driven and evidence-generated.
Representation and Advocacy
- Contribute to technical leadership on social protection and support IRC representation in high level and strategic meetings involving key Government counterparts and other national and local stakeholders.
- Contribute to leveraging programmatic interventions to influence policy dialogue on development-oriented approaches to promote the inclusion of refugees and displaced populations in national social protection policies and systems
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: National Protection and Rule of Law ManagerOther internal contacts:Protection and Rule of Law Coordinator, Senior Protection Manager, Urban Programme Manager, WPE Coordinator.