Reproductive Health Officer
The Reproductive Health Officer shall be responsible for provision of maternal and neonatal health services at the PHC facility and supporting the Reproductive health services in the community within the catchment population. Maternal and neonatal health services include: Antenatal care, peri-natal care, safe deliveries, postpartum care, identifying and managing obstetric emergencies including referrals as appropriate, STIs management according to MOH guidelines. Among others, she will be providing counseling on Family Planning and provision of modern FP methods, HIV/AIDS counseling and testing services and linkage to care. She will be based at the PHC facility and directly supervise the enrolled mid wives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of maternal and neonatal health services at the PHC facility that include: Antenatal and peri-natal care, safe deliveries, and postpartum care for the mothers. Neonatal health care to prevent infection and promote health, exclusive breastfeeding, immunization, growth monitoring and check-up for common neonatal infections and encouragement of safe breastfeeding/young child weaning & feeding practices.
- Implement activities to increase uptake of family planning services and actively participate in counselling and provision of modern Family planning methods.
- Identification and management of obstetric emergencies including making timely referrals as appropriate & STIs management according to MOH guidelines.
- Provide supportive supervision of Maternal and Child Health Workers (MCHW) to ensure that they carry out their duties as required.
- Participate in the on-job training of other staff especially MCHW and also in organizing for sensitization in the health facility.
- Provide health education to patients at the health facility and also participate in community sensitization on reproductive health in collaboration with the Community Health team.
- Take over-all responsibility to ensure smooth running of activities in the MCH unit including EPI and timely compilation and submission of reports.
- Work in an integrated manner with other departments within the facility to ensure quality in the reproductive health services provided.
- Quality midwifery service for patients provided.
- High risk cases identified and reported/referred.
- Ward or health unit activities organized and managed.
- Discipline enforced.
- Staff performance appraisal done timely.
- Activity reports submitted timely.