Basic Literacy and Numeracy teacher - Bekaa
The Basic literacy senior teacher will be working closely with the women protection and empowerment program and under the supervision of the WPE senior officer, to provide basic literacy classes to adolescent girls who’ve been out of school for more than two years; thru facilitating specialized curriculum based on an assessment conducted with the girls.
The senior teacher will be in charge of shadowing and monitoring other facilitated classes by literacy teachers, to ensure a quality of implemented services.
The Basic literacy senior teacher will ensure that the Basic Literacy and Numeracy Project is in line with the WPE Outreach Strategy, in order to mitigate the exposure of adolescent girls to GBV and strengthen their positive coping skills through improve on their basic learning skills.
- Support the implementation of the BNL curriculum for out of school girls
- Support in monitoring regularly the work of teachers in close coordination with the senior officer and the field team, while ensuring that the M&E tools are properly filled (session planning, appreciation tool etc.
- Participate along with the team in assessment exercises to identify vulnerable adolescent girls following the WPE strategy.
- Support in outreach activities, providing information to adolescent girls on activities and services available when needed.
- Provide regular updates to WPE Sr. Officer and BLN officer on common threats and needs of adolescent girls to inform program design and advocacy initiatives.
- Use agreed-upon monitoring and evaluation tools to track adolescent girls’ participation in the BNL related activities, and collect their feedback.
- Support in collecting data around the Satisfaction Surveys, do Spot-Checks and ensure that the Summary of Each Cycle is reflective enough to the challenges and achievements of cycles.
- Contribute to regular weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative reports, by providing updates to the SO & BLNO.
- Ensure that teacher learning circles are planned in coordination with senior officer.
- Provide the needed technical support to the teachers through filling appreciation tools and providing on-the-job coaching and feedback.
- Collaborate and refer to caseworkers and other WPE team members to ensure GBV responses are taking into account specific needs and vulnerabilities of beneficiaries.
- Fill the ASER and Screeners in the beginning and end of cycles.
- Facilitate and ensure that the FGD with the BLN Participants’ Caregivers are done in a timely fashion and to support on any challenges that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior WPE Officer
Position directly supervises: --
Indirect Reporting: Adolescent Girls Officer, WPE Manager, BLN officer based in Beirut