Movement Control Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief MovCon within the delegation of authority, the UNV Movement Control Assistant will undertake the following tasks within the Movement Control Section, Menaka:
- Assist in planning and scheduling the movement of passengers and cargo from military and police units provided by Troops/Police Contributing Countries;
- Plan and coordinate rotations, deployments and repatriations of Military/Police Contingents;
- Assist with determining the most efficient and cost–effective modes of transportation for passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within and/or outside a field mission;
- Coordinates required transportation activities with the Aviation, Transport and Riverine Units/Sections and/or commercial transportation service providers;
- Liaises with other UN units/section, non-government and government organizations and intergovernmental agencies on immigration and custom matters;
- Assist and analysing projected passenger and cargo flows in order to estimate required resources;
- Process Special Flight Requests for movement of passengers and cargo that cannot be accommodated on regular scheduled flights;
- Ensure safe, efficient and economical movement support is provided to meet operational and administrative requirements of the mission;
- Receives customer requests through Movement of Personnel (MOP) and Cargo Movement Request (CMR) Forms, for transportation of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within and/or outside a field mission;
- Record statistical data on the movement of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within and /or outside a field mission;
- Receives excess personal luggage and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) from customers;
- Prepares luggage and cargo for transportation (weighing, plastic wrapping, labelling etc.) in accordance with required destination;
- Coordinates the transportation arrangements to the embarkation facility;
- Coordinates the provision of passenger and cargo handling services (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) in support of a field mission and monitors that all activities are carried out in accordance with the UN rules, regulations and applicable safety procedures;
- Compiles passenger and cargo manifest and communicates them to the aircrew, surface transport and riverine personnel;
- Briefs passenger of schedules, routes timing and safety requirements;
- Maintain the electronic databases in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines;
- Monitors that appropriate reference documents are current, readily available and accessible to all relevant personnel;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- In addition, assist in developing the long term plans and scheduling of the workload, assist in developing Movement Contingency Plans (for example mission evacuation plan); prepare report on suitability of use of routes, staging areas, ports airfield, road and rail transhipment points as and when required. Coordinate with other UN Agencies for movement related matters and perform other duties as required.
Minimum of high school or relevant diploma is required. Higher education, technical or vocational certificate in movement control, multi-modal transportation, airline operations, logistics management or a related field is advantageous.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least three (3) years of progressive experience in movement control, multi-modal transportation, airline operations, logistics management or a related field.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
French language is desirable but not a conditionDriving license: Yes Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 1st September 2020