The Women’s Protection & Empowerment (WPE) Manager will lead the program team in Ocea to respond to and prevent GBV including the provision of comprehensive Case management services and prevention interventions in response to the current humanitarian needs. With direct management support from the Deputy WPE Coordinator, the WPE Manager will ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are met in a timely and effective manner. Specific responsibilities include oversight of service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, professional development and training of national staff, project cycle management of grants and budgets. He/she will provide appropriate mentorship to WPE Officers and promote coordination with UNHCR, OPM and other local stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Design and Implementation
- Assume primary responsibility for project management and implementation, and ensure compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal, proactively notifying the Deputy WPE Coordinator if issues arise.
- Lead project planning, and oversee program implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs.
- Ensure adequate project monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to collect information and consolidate data on a regular basis to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design.
- Assist in the program development and design process through assessments, assisting in proposal writing and budget development.
- Develop and deliver the provision and quality of trainings on GBV basics, basic counseling, case management, life skills and other key GBV resources for WPE staff, GBV actors, community members, and service providers.
- Actively contribute to the revision and implementation of a WPE sector strategy to meet the needs of GBV survivors, including response to emergencies as they arise.
- With support from the supervisor, lead the development of the program tools and keep them updated i.e work plan, procurement and spending plans.
Communication and Reporting
- Compile and prepare quality periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by donors, the Regional Office and the Technical Unit.
- Prepare quality weekly updates and monthly reports that meet standards and timelines
- Ensure proper program and donor visibility in the project sites
- Lead data analysis and interpretation exercises with the project team to inform programming and advocacy
- Ensure project team understand, maintain and follow ethical practices in data sharing and communication with external audiences in accordance with the existing Information Sharing Protocol.
Human Resource Development and Management
- Lead staff recruitment in consultation with the supervisor and in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to the IRC and the WPE program.
- Provide ongoing supervision, mentoring, training and technical support and guidance to WPE staff, and ensure all adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly.
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Ensure WPE staff understand and follow IRC and donor Policies and Procedures.
Coordination and Networking
- Ensure close collaboration with partners to enhance adequate referrals, including health agencies, child protection agencies, UNHCR, and other relevant actors.
- Represent WPE at regular working group meetings, reviews, strategic planning; and assist in the preparation of new initiatives for the SGBV program in Rhino camp.
- Ensure regular communication with the WPE and Field Coordinator and other internal departments regarding the project’s progress and processes.
- Ensure updated GBV referral pathways are available for and adequately shared with staff, volunteers and community members.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Deputy WPE Coordinator
Position directly supervises:WPE Prevention, Response and M&E Officers.
Indirectly supervises: Assistant Prevention Officers, Social workers, and WPE Volunteers
Indirect reporting: WPE Coordinator & Field Coordinator
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Close coordination with IRC Protection, M & E, Finance, HR, Operations, and SMTExternal:Close collaboration with donors, local actors (local NGOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers’ part of the urban survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) referral system.