Post Number : ED 535
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 24-SEPT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant-Director General for Education and direct supervision of the Director of the Division for Education 2030 Support and Coordination, the incumbent shall provide administrative and secretarial assistance to the activities of the Director’s office, which includes the following tasks:
- Manage the Secretariat of the office of the Director; manage agenda and incoming correspondence, prepare correspondence and documents in English and/or French, make informal translation, organise missions, receive visitors, establish and maintain filing system.
- Coordinate the function of the Secretariat of the Division/Sections and contribute to optimising the administrative operations of the Division and the communication among the Sections.
- Ensure quality assurance of the correspondence and administrative documents issued by or submitted to the office of the Director.
- Contribute to the organization of major events by the Division, including the coordination of the administrative and logistic aspects.
- Assist the Director in the monitoring of the Division’s activities.
- Provide guidance and support to new staff and general assistance to other office support staff.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in sectorial and/or administrative tasks in an international environment, of which at least 2 years working for a supervisor with managerial responsibility.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct document.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Discretion and capacity to deal with people of different cultural backgrounds efficiently and tactfully.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities. Capacity to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent ICT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- General secretarial and/or administrative training.
- Working experience in similar functions within the UN system.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures.
- Good knowledge of Spanish.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.