National Procurement/Contracting Officer
Post Number : 5JORBFM0001PA
Grade : NO-A
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Amman
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 14-SEP-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only nationals of Jordan may apply for this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer for Amman Office, and has a functional reporting line to the Administration and Management Sector, Operations Division (Chief, Procurement ADM/OPS/PRO at UNESCO HQ). S/he works closely with UNESCO national program teams to develop procurement and contracting plans and strategies that prioritize initiatives to improve operational capabilities, effectiveness and compliance.
In particular, the incumbent shall assume the following tasks:Long Description
- Provide policy, guidance, training and technical assistance for all contract categories, not only for procurement of goods, works or services, but also for implementation partnership agreements, financing activities contracts and other forms of contractual agreements.
- Liaise with the finance and administrative officer of the Amman Office to ensure budget availability, compliance to financial rules and regulations and certification of contracts
- Support the national program teams in planning, developing and managing all contractual aspects of projects and programmes including the identification of requirements, estimation of budgets, advice on appropriate procurement and other contracting methods and establishment of a contracting plan.
- Review procurement and other new contract requests prepared by Programme Specialists and/or their assistants to ensure completeness, correctness and adequacy to assure fair and transparent competition or comparison process, assisting in market research and providing advice where required.
- Participate in the evaluation team, analyze and evaluate vendors' offers considering various factors affecting cost, technical specifications, implementation schedules, reliability, and after-sales/completion implications, ensuring value for money.
- Advice on required respective contractual documents, with particular focus on potentially non-standard contractual arrangements and review submissions for approval by the appropriate authority including Legal Affairs and/or Headquarters Contracts Committee.
- Maintain a tracking system and database to control the procurement and logistics activities in a way to monitor, during contract implementation, adherence to contractual agreements for services, works and goods, performance requirements and respect of delivery schedules, recommend amendments to and extensions of the contract, if necessary and advise affected parties on contractual rights and obligations, and generate necessary periodic and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Lessons learned and recommended improvements will need to be documented for application of future projects.
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in finance, business and/or public administration or other related fields supported with equivalent courses in project management/operations, procurement or contracting.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project management/operations, including supply chain management, procurement and contracting.
- Experience in working in a multi-skilled and multi-cultural teams.
Competencies and Skills
- Strong functional competencies in planning, establishing and maintaining contracts ,including monitoring and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge on procurement, contracts and legal obligations as they relate to project management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to set priorities, to interpret rules and administrative guidelines, to analyse and evaluate routine and non-routine issues.
- Good knowledge on ethical and behavioural expectations in the project, local and organizational context.
- Service-oriented and team builder: Ability to establish good working relationships with senior management and people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Technology skills to use contracting and financial management software, including MS Office software applications.
- Excellent/very good knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Arabic.
- Specialized courses or certificates related to Procurement (e.g. CIPS Training).
- At least 1 year of experience in the United Nations or Intergovernmental organizations.
- Proven experience in public procurement.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of UNESCO ERP system (SAP).
- Fair knowledge of French.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.