Director - Global Operations Support
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Director - Global Operations Support
Salary: £77,706 gross per annum
Location: London, UK
Deadline: 20/09/2020 23:59
Benefits: UK Benefits
Job Type: Indefinite
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Director - Global Operations Support to join our team in London, UK.
The Director – Global Operations Support, leads Malaria Consortium’s HQ-based operations support teams and advises/problem-solves with Global Management Group colleagues, assuring and continuously improving on effective, compliant and timely delivery of key support operations in accordance with the strategy and business plans agreed by the Chief Executive and Board.
The post holder will have particular focus on initial contracting and supporting partner due diligence (both programme and supply chain), goods and services procurement, international supply chains, compliance with expectations of global networks (e.g. UN Global Compact; MHRA Licensing; donor supply and oversight approaches), assuring quality contract and partner management, and security approaches/advice to programmes where Malaria Consortium operates.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience in international development grants, contracts, procurement and supply chains across their multiple disciplines
- Extensive experience in supporting Africa/Asia, including how to work in security-challenged environments (an experienced security advisor is contracted to work with MC for 2.5 days per week)
- Significant experience of working at Director level or equivalent
- Extensive experience of networking and the proven ability to work with multiple high-value projects/contracts from donors, trusts or foundations and negotiate effectively with donors and partners
- Demonstrable experience in supporting international development programmes, likely to have been gained in a multi-site international health organisation or as a donor with demonstrable knowledge of their strategies
- Experience of system quality improvement, in particular system integration
- Strong experience of managing, motivating and leading people
- Substantial experience in designing and writing policies and procedures
- To be a strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as the ability to work seamlessly across countries, cultures and organisational units
- The right to work in the UK
We will be reviewing applications as they are submitted and interviewing on a rolling basis, therefore the role may be closed prior to the closing date included on the advert.
We need to keep beneficiaries safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. You can find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice on our website.
WORKED IN THE CIVIL SERVICE? Are you/have you been a member of the Civil Service in the past two years? Before accepting any new appointment or employment, whether in the UK or overseas, which you intend to take up after you have left the Civil Service, you must consider whether an application under the Business Appointment Rules for Civil Servants is required. If it is required, you should not accept or announce a new appointment or offer of employment before it has been approved.
Please note: in accordance with the DfID Code, all applicants shortlisted for recruitment to commercial contracts will be asked to declare any conflict of interest.
To apply for the role of Director (Global Operations Support), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Global Operations Director, Director of International Operations, Operations Director, Charity Operations Director, or Director of Operational Support.