Call for Resumes - Georgia Local Governance Activity
DAI is an employee-owned international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
General Call for Resumes **
Georgia Local Governance Activity
Background: DAI seeks qualified technical candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded $10-25 million Local Governance Activity in Georgia. USAID’s Local Governance Activity will support the Government of Georgia to implement its new Decentralization Strategy (2020-2025) and achieve meaningful local self-governance through a Local Self-Governance Support Program. The program notionally aims to build local government service delivery capacity and strengthen local accountability measures, including through the engagement of local communities in social accountability interventions. The five-year award will partner with stakeholders across the local governance ecosystem to deliver on Strategy objectives, including working directly with one-quarter to one-third of all Georgian local governments. The anticipated projected start date of the program is September 30, 2021 and is contingent upon award.
Experience: Five (5) or more years of progressive leadership experience
Possible areas of technical and advisory assistance may include:
· Local governance and service delivery
· Decentralization policy development and implementation
· Public finance management and domestic resource mobilization
· Participatory planning and budgeting
· Citizen engagement and civil society strengthening
· Social accountability and service delivery oversight
· Public private partnerships and private sector engagement
· Grants management
· Gender and social inclusion
· Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
DAI seeks qualified technical specialists skilled in the areas above.
In addition, DAI seeks Georgian nationals for program management, finance, and operations positions who are skilled in:
· Finance and Accounting**
· Human Resources**
· Grants Administration**
· Communications and Reporting
· Logistics and Facilities
· IT Support & Administration
· Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline or field; advanced degree preferred**
· Five (5) or more years of progressive leadership experience in the related field
· Professional proficiency in English; fluency in Georgian and/or Russian preferred for some positions
· Prior experience managing teams in activity planning and implementation or working productively on a team
· Knowledge of US Government and USAID regulations and policies for contractors preferred
· Experience in the region; prior experience in Georgia preferred
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Georgia_LocalGovernance@dai.com or via the DAI website. Georgian nationals are encouraged to apply. Applicants should note their relevant area of expertise in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.