WPE Social Worker (3 positions)
The WPE Social Worker will provide case management and psychosocial support to refugee and host community women and girls in within Palabek settlement. He/She will provide women and girls access to information, services, and build informal support networks with other women at the Women Center and via mobile services. The Social Worker will provide case management services to survivors of GBV, as well as psychosocial support and counseling to clients and support with non-GBV cases. The SW will employ a survivor-centered approach to ensure that the client’s wishes are respected, and her safety and confidentiality are preserved at all times through the case management process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with WPE Response Officer to develop and oversee activities for women and girls.
- Identify and implement timely, survivor-centered and age-appropriate case management services and psychosocial support to all clients reached by the WPE team and ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination).
- Identify available services and coordinate referrals based on the wishes and consent of the survivor.
- Advocate with partner organizations supporting GBV survivors to provide additional confidential services to clients, in accordance with their wishes and GBV guiding principles.
- Utilize GBV data management tools (GBVIMS) and systems to record information about clients accessing services, in line with the principle of confidentiality, and utilize aggregate information to improve service delivery.
- Support the development and utilization of zone-specific referral pathway for GBV cases.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment through the IRC mobile teams and at the Women Centers.
- Support capacity building and coordination activities in zone settings, including by delivering training sessions to local partner organizations on case management principles, GBV core concepts, GBV guiding principles, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Women Committee(s), WPE volunteers and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities of the WPE mobile team and they play an active role in the referral pathway.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding IRC’s standard in GBV programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Develop and maintain work plans to achieve target indicators.
- Attend WPE and IRC meetings and trainings as needed and as requested by senior staff.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to:WPE Response Officer
Position directly supervises:WPE Community Based Volunteers
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Close coordination with IRC Protection, M & E, Finance, HR, and OperationsExternal:Close collaboration with donors, local actors (local NGOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers’ part of the urban survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) referral system.