Human resources coordinator (M/F) - Palestinian territories
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine is constructed on two of MDM France’s thematic pillars worldwide: conflict and emergencies and sexual & reproductive health (SRH) with MHPSS as a crosscutting theme to all activities and with a transversal advocacy component.
In SRH: MdM started its work in SRHR with an intervention consisting in facilitating access to SRH services, especially family planning and post abortion care working with the communities, service providers (Ministry of Health and local partners) through awareness and capacity building and advocating towards decision makers to promote SRH services. In this moment, MdM is implementing an AFD/UNICEF funded SRHR project in Gaza.
In crises and emergencies: MdM is implementing a WHO/ECHO funded project in Gaza working in 5 main hospitals to develop their emergency response capacity. It is also implementing a German-funded project in both Gaza and West Bank with different objectives ranging from MHPSS emergency response to:
- Community level: includes training of volunteers in BLS and in MHPSS emergency response, emergency MHPSS support to victims of critical events linked to the occupation, reinforcing the capacities of school counsellors in emergency MHPSS, strengthening capacities of local partners in provision of MHPSS services.
- Primary health care: reinforcement of the capacities of the emergency rooms of 11 PHC in Gaza. It is part of the strategy to develop an intervention on integration of mental health in PHC.
Secondary level: reinforcement of the capacities of the emergency departments of 6 hospitals in Gaza.
In MHPSS although a crosscutting theme, MdM has recently started a BMZ-funded 3-year recovery/development project aimed at integrating MHPSS into the primary healthcare centers.
All projects also have a strong GBV and inclusivity component.
MDM Palestine has one office in Gaza, one in the West Bank (Nablus) and a coordination office in East Jerusalem.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values. You lead a team and/or support partners, provide technical support to operational staff on the HR management of the mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
Human Resources Management
• Review and improve the MdM HR policy in Palestine
• Ensure complete implementation of the newly developed HR policy and its application to the national staff
• Improve the organizational chart for the mission, clarifying hierarchical and functional links, in line with the classification grid
• Ensure that all staff are informed and trained about the existing policies as well as any HR policy change
• Develop and harmonize the necessary HR tools and supervise the implementation by all field teams
• Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures which conform to social legislation and with MdM guidelines and support the HR and administrative teams regarding the monthly payroll realization
• Supervise the signature & renewal of all the employment contracts with local staff, according to Israeli / Palestinian law and to MdM rules and practices
• Supervise the payment of MdM employees on due time and of social contributions of MdM as an employer
• Ensure the administrative management of national staff with strictest respect of the law, in link with a local lawyer
• Ensure respect of law and of MdM procedures when ending working relation with employees
• Follow up the cost of living in Israel and Palestine and accordingly propose changes to the MdM salary policy
• Supervise any recruitment of new position in MdM mission, validate job announcement and job description
• Supervise the establishment and renewal of visas, mission orders, ID cards, work permits of all national and international staff in Palestine
• Supervise the bookings of plane tickets and the organization of international trips for MdM staff in link with HQ
• Ensure the administrative briefing of all new employee and consultant recruited on Palestine program
Technical support & capacity building
• Brief new expats upon their arrival
• Supervise the overall recruitment of national staffs
• Regularly explain the MdM HR procedures and tools to staffs, and organize training for key staff
• Carry out the capacity building trainings of HR team
• Develop a training needs assessment and a training plan for the mission’s staff
• Organize at least twice a year a “Welcome at MdM” training for newcomers
• Review the existing evaluation mechanism for ‘learning and development’
• Perform regular field visits to control and supervise the human resources matters, and report to the related coordinators for implementation of key recommendations
• Participate in defining the human resources needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
• Ensure the uniformity in the understanding, knowledge and application of HR policies/procedures at all relevant levels such as coordination and bases
• Ensure the HR team exists with relevant capacity and experience
• Support the relevant persons dealing with HR matters/issues both at coordination and base levels
• Provide regular evaluation and on the job training to the team under your responsibility
• Contribute to disciplinary measure and propose adequate response, in support of the line manager, if needed
• Manage a team (information, setting objectives, monitoring activities, managing leave, recruitment, discipline, security, training, skills management)
• Plan and monitor activities and implement corrective action where necessary
• Advise, arbitre and support the measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and/or incident
Communication, reporting, capitalization
• Coordinate regular meetings with coordinators and field managers
• Contribute to the monthly report (SitRep)
• Elaborate HR national and international folder requirement, control and monitor its implementation
• Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to your position
• Represent MdM toward local authorities and partners
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euros
Position based in Jerusalem with field visites to Westbank and Gaza
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Minimum of BA diploma in human resources management
Experience of three years minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO is required (with MdM is an asset)
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a challenging and difficult legal context
Supervision skills is required
Organizational skills, rigor, detail oriented
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Ability to handle conflict and its resolution
Ability to provide training
Ability to work under stressful situation
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Diplomacy , good team spirit
Excellent computer skills in Excel particularly (database management)
Knowledge of HR management software would be a strong asset
Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Arabic or French would be an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JGPJwrzX?idpartenaire=128