Kenya Program Strategy Director
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Program Strategy team leads the strategy and planning for Kenya's field program. The team consists of four sub-departments, each focused on an essential program goal:
- Impact - maximizing the yields and quality of life benefits for farmers
- Enrollment and marketing - increasing the number of farmers we serve
- Repayment - ensuring our program remains financially sustainable while maintaining excellent customer service
- Expansion - bringing our program to new areas of the country
As Program Strategy Director, you will oversee the strategy and management of these four sub-departments. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, you will be a member of One Acre Fund Kenya's senior leadership team. You will:
- Work with other senior leaders to shape One Acre Fund Kenya's vision and goals
- Oversee the strategy and planning of Program Design's four sub-departments
- Directly manage two senior staff, and a lead a team of 13 staff
- Foster a healthy team culture of inclusion, fun and continuous improvement
- Lead recruitment and talent development for the Program Design team
- Manage a budget of KES 1.6 billion
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 8+ years of experience leading teams to success, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Kenyan nationals who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strategy: You can critically analyse a complex problem, and identify bold solutions to address it
- Project management: You can design, plan and implement complex projects to success
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Growth mindset: You're enthusiastic about learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Mentorship: You support others to achieve their professional goals
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor's Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.