The WPE Manager will oversee the quality and timely implementation and delivery of all aspects of the WPE Scale Up Seed Initiative. S/he will identify opportunities to leverage IRC WPE programming and ensure complementarity with key Government counterparts and development partners. The WPE Manager reports directly to the WPE Coordinator and is based in Kampala. This position supervises the WPE Officer and provides technical backstopping to the Urban Programme Manager based in Nsambya
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Design and Implementation
- Contribute to strategic execution of IRC’s WPE Scale Up Seed Initiative, ensuring high programme quality and alignment with broader national developments and IRC’s Strategy Action Plan.
- Assume primary responsibility for project management and implementation and ensure compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal.
- Assist in the program development and design process through assessments, assisting in proposal writing and budget development.
- Contribute to the technical aspects of the Scale Up Seed Initiative, ensuring timely implementation of work plans and spending plans and strong coordination with local partner
- Lead project planning and oversee program implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs.
- Ensure adequate project monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to collect information and consolidate data on a regular basis to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design.
- Deliver quality trainings on GBV core concepts, guiding principles , case management, documentation to the CSO piloting the project and other actors as required
- Identify opportunities for, design and develop concept notes and proposals to scale up the Seed Initiative and grow the WPE portfolio.
Communication and Reporting
- Compile and prepare quality periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by donors, the Regional Office and the Technical Unit.
- In consultation with the MEAL Coordinator/lead, ensure project monitoring and evaluation systems are regularly updated to inform reporting,
- Lead data analysis and interpretation exercises with the CSO and project staff to inform programming and advocacy
- Ensure that CSO, project staff understand maintain and follow ethical practices in data sharing and communication with external audiences in line with data protection principles and the Information Sharing Protocol for GBV actors.
CSO and Staff Capacity Support
- Provide routine supervision and mentorship support to and monitoring of the local partner and WPE Officer to ensure adherence with best practices and alignment with approved project documents.
- Set up a budget tracking system and review Budget vs. Actual expenditure for the Scale Up Seed Initiative on a monthly basis.
- Provide technical backstopping support to the Urban Programme Manager especially with national level engagement involving high level stakeholder management.
- Ensure all programme design adhere to IRC theories of change and advance outcomes which are evidence-driven and evidence-generated.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of budgets for programme proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments.
Coordination and Networking
- Identify opportunities for partnership and strategic collaboration at various levels of governance and across a broad range of constituents.
- Contribute to technical leadership and support for relationship and partnership building with key Government counterparts, UN agencies, I/NGOs, CSOs, RLOs, Youth led groups, development agencies, multilateral development banks, private sector and other key actors.
- Support IRC representation in high level and strategic meetings involving key Government counterparts and other national and local stakeholders.
- Contribute to leveraging programmatic interventions to influence policy dialogue on development-oriented approaches to promote the inclusion of refugees and displaced populations in national policies, local plans and systems strengthening.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: WPE Coordinator
Position directly supervises:WPE Officer
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Close coordination with IRC Protection, Grants, M&E, Health, ERD, Finance, HR, Operations, and SMTExternal:Close collaboration with donors, local actors (local NGOs, CSOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers’ part of the urban survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) referral system.