Bread for the World is the globally active development and relief agency of Protestant churches in Germany. There are 5 regional offices worldwide; one for Vietnam and Lao PDR which is based in Hanoi and has over 40 partner organisations in the Vietnamese and Laotian regions. These are nonprofit organisations and are active, for example, in rural development, agriculture, community development and support for minorities. They are dealing with the consequences of climate change and the possibilities of adapting living conditions.
In the two host countries, Viet Nam and Lao PDR, there is close cooperation with government agencies. In this context, it is a strategic goal of the regional office in Hanoi to empower the employees of its partner organisations and their target groups to become actively engaged in planning and change processes on their own responsibility and to manage them according to their interests and resources.
The resilience in the communities and their participation in economic, social and political processes should be supported. In order to strengthen employees of the partner organisations in Lao PDR and Viet Nam through competence development, and to accompany learning processes methodically and with the committed attitude, we are searching for an international process facilitator/advisor/social change manager in the regional office in Hanoi. This position will then report to the head of the regional office.
In cooperation with partner organisations and the regional office, you would be strengthening the participatory skills of employees, farmers and citizens in order for them to build their own opinions, take part in decision-making and actively manage development processes. You will also be sup-porting partner organisations in adjusting their structures for participatory work, integrating em-ployees/ groups and increasing their scope of action. Therefore, you will facilitating learning processes for participative methods and approaches, critical thinking, empowerment and self-management.
You would be responsible for the following:
- advising partner organisations, communities and farmers professionally, for example, on self-perception, role and attitude as well as on methodological, communicative and con-ceptual competence development for change processes
- contributing to the organisational development of partner organisations
- conception and facilitation of exchange, reflection and learning processes as well as group training and individual coaching: for example on participative instruments and methods for project cycles, project planning and monitoring, peer learning and best practice
- providing professional advisory services and accompanying employees of partner organisations and the regional office in participatory baseline surveys Qualification Profile
- A background/relevant qualification (minimum bachelor) preferably with an affinity for ru-ral development/agriculture/communities
- Professional experience in organisational consulting of non-profit organisations and ac-companying groups in learning and reflection processes
- Competency in English (both written and spoken) • Development policy and participatory competence
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Diplomatic and intercultural communication skills and sensitivity
- Openness and motivation to integrate with the culture of the region
- Capacity to travel for business in the region
Citizenship of a Member State of the European Union or of Switzerland is required.
Benefits provided by Bread for the World and Dienste in Übersee
Bread for the World provides a framework in which the professionals of Dienste in Übersee share their knowledge and skills with people of other cultures.
Supportive cooperation, mutual learning and intercultural exchange are made possible by:
- Individual preparation
- Three-year contract with benefits in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
Please send your application (Europass-CV + cover letter)
by reference n° VNM2000189
to Anne Ndiaye
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH
Please note that, due to the current global restrictions caused by the Covid 19 pandemic, it is not possible to set definitive dates for selection and departure at this time. Nevertheless, we look forward to receiving your application and will work with you individually to find the best current job opportunities.
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the Protestant Agency for Diakonia and Development with the brand Bread for the World