Project Manager Haiti
Les Cayes (Haiti)
Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing its projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Currently actions are concentrated in two areas of Haiti: Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Les Cayes.
Project Title: Pestel and Corail Resilience
Location: Haiti, Grand’ Anse , Pestel and Corail municipalities
Actors: Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Caritas Haiti-Jérémie, Cesvi Fondazione Onlus
Following the passage of Matthew hurricane in Haiti, in October 4th 2016, the country has suffered many casualties besides causing floodings, damages to the habitat, the agriculture, and the infrastructures.
Although since then the situation has improved, the Corail/Pestel area in the Grand’Anse remains unstable and precarious.
The aim of “Pestel and Corail resilience” project is to contribute to the reduction of food and nutrition insecurity of the vulnerable subjects in the affected area and to improve through structural actions. The population’s resilience towards these chronic problems.
In order to achieve the objective CRS, Cesvi and Caritas Haiti-Jérémie will work on three interrelated factors:
- the farmers ability to manage natural resources and to produce in a lasting and resilient way in order to generate a balanced diet and to increase their incomes
- strengthening the inputs and seeds supply system and the facilitation of access to finance services and markets
- the ability of the authorities and the other key actors to support and implement the construction of resilience on a regional, national and local level, through structural organization
The Project Manager, based in Les Cayes (Haiti), will be in charge of:
-Definition and implementation of project activities
-Monitoring of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the Head of Mission (HoM).
-Coordination with other PMs, for project implemented in the same area avoid duplication and overlapping and promote synergy of intervention
-Coordination with other partners for the activities to be implemented
-Coordination with other stakeholders and local authorities
-Ensuring the correct filling of project documentation
-Financial management, procurement procedures and purchases related to the assigned projects, in collaboration with the local administrator and under the supervision of the HQ accountants for the correct allocation of costs
-Management of project donors' relations, in coordination with the HoM
-Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor (through the HQ) ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period
-Management of local partners' relations
- Contribute in the definition of internal procedures manual
-Efficient management of the office, goods and means
-Coordination with HQ and HoM for visibility activities related to the assigned projects
- University or postgraduate degree in Agronomy, Economy, Political sciences or any other related faculty
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience in NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Sound knowledge of NGO procedures, approaches and operations
- Needs assessments skills
- Ability to produce timely project proposals and high quality narrative reports
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors, with particular reference to DEVCO
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Capacity in networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders
- Proven experience in personnel management and in capacity building of National/International staff
- Experience in project partners management
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Fluency in French and English
- Master degree in project management
- Prior experience in managing Rural / Agricultural projects
- Prior working experience in Haiti
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.