Chief of Party, Feed the Future
CARE is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year Feed the Future Bangladesh Livestock & Nutrition Activity. This program will be implemented in Khulna, Barisal, Dhaka & Cox’s Bazaar of Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI). The project will focus on livestock production, improved livestock management and the increased utilization of livestock products to improve dietary diversity and nutrition outcomes for households. The COP will be responsible for providing strategic vision, overall leadership and technical direction to the project, and ensure that the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID and manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management and compliance.
This position will be based in Dhaka with frequent travel to the project areas. The position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances may be available.
- Responsible for overall management to achieve project results while serving as principal liaison with U.S. Government (USG) representatives, relevant government counterparts and community stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and leadership as well as oversight of all administrative matters in all program areas.
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities and all project deliverables.
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and ensure that project results are met.
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables within budget and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to USG/Stakeholders on all program areas.
- Ensure project is implemented in full compliance with CARE’s standard operating procedures and practices and all relevant USAID and USG rules and regulations.
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful, encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
- Ensure gender equality and social inclusion strategy is integrated throughout project implementation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in animal sciences, agribusiness, rural development, international development, economics, business management, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing donor-funded livestock & agricultural development programs.
- Experience as a COP or DCOP on a USAID-funded FTF project, managing different types of mechanisms (e.g. contracts, grants, cooperative agreements) of large programs ($15+ mill) will be an added value.
- Proven leadership skills building and managing cooperative, high-level relationships and motivating diverse teams.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge in designing and managing development projects and activities, particularly related to livestock sector development. Previous experience working in rural Bangladesh is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience adapting project implementation and activities to achieve objectives and targets as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across projects, be flexible, and creative and successfully lead an intercultural team in development and post-conflict contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, procurement and other management support areas/functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of Bangla is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Private sector engagement experience is preferred.